facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

WTB 72-73 Oil tank and airbox rubber bushes

03 Aug 2020 00:49
DTfan
Novice
Novice
More
Topic Author
WTB 72-73 Oil tank and airbox rubber bushes #1
Some might think I'm crazy looking for these because there are numerous alternatives but I'm trying to keep my bike as close to original as possible hence me looking for these small parts

Airbox rubber bush.
This is the small one that sticks to the side of the airbox. I could use a standard square piece of rubber of course but the original has a wedge shape taper as you can see

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Closer picture where you can see the wedge shape more clearly.

Oil tank lower bush
I'm also looking for one of these, I forgot to take the original off the frame when it went for stove enamalling. There is a new part listed and available as a replacement but it's not the same as the original. You can see that the original has a ridged design running lengthways. I've looked online but couldnt find anything like it, I know, I know, I should get out more...

Happy to pay for both with shipping to Portland

Thanks all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Aug 2020 01:47
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
WTB 72-73 Oil tank and airbox rubber bushes #2
For the oil tank mount, if you are in the US (Portland? then I guess you are) check out the link below. If you are in Europe, CMSNL have them - part number 214-21779.

03 Aug 2020 10:32
DTfan
Novice
Novice
More
Topic Author
WTB 72-73 Oil tank and airbox rubber bushes #3
Thanks for the heads up on that, just bought it. All I need now is the rubber pad for the airbox.

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart