facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Toy, DR350

New Toy, DR350 09 Aug 2018 20:53 #1

• darinm
  • darinm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
The recent poll about favorite Yamaha's got me dreaming of a modern equivalent to the loved CT series, and a 90 mile ride with ~ 40 of that being on rough dirt road had me a little sore on my CT2. This popped up on craigslist and was two blocks away, $1,400 and has whole lot more travel. From the reading I did, it's kind of the modern CT2, not considered sexy yet cheap, reliable and just the right size - although it feels tall as I've never ridden anything new that 1974 before :) First bike younger than I am is now in the driveway; it's a '94. Sure isn't as beautiful as a vintage bike though!
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Hammer, FrankC, Pillsbury

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Toy, DR350 09 Aug 2018 22:20 #2

• RT325
  • Collector
  • Collector
Wow that looks mint!!, looks like high road gearing too which will possibly still be low enough in first for tricky trail riding situations. Good score--electric start too.

New Toy, DR350 09 Aug 2018 23:02 #3

• Mothersbaugh
  • Collector
  • Collector
You will like it! I have the Yamaha version of that bike: the XT-350. Excellent all-round bike. Every time I think I might sell it, I come to my senses! Fortunately.

New Toy, DR350 10 Aug 2018 09:54 #4

• darinm
  • darinm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
@RT325 I'd heard they were pretty hard to kick start so I was happy to see it was electric. Not sure about the gearing, just rode it home and waiting on a new battery as it needed a jump start.

I saw an XT-350 on CL and searching about that got me turned onto the DR, saw this one down the street decided on that route simply because of aftermarket part availability and the big following they have. Seller kept laughing about how old it was while I laughed it seems so new to one accustomed to the older bikes. Seemed to be the general opinion that the DR350 > XT 350 yet XT 225 > DR250. Who knows though, location was everything on this, the ease of walking down and riding it home was great.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: 2fishkev, Hammer

Last Edit: by darinm.
  • Page:
Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames HartMarkT