facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Question want to know how trouble starts with enduro bikes

• shyted
  • shyted's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter
Well i've been to my dads place again today and my brother told me the trike in the first pic wasn't mine ! He said i used to go round to the next door neighbours house and take it .
Fridays i take my mum a meal and we stay for a few hours so brought the trike up during conversation. She laughed and said " You didn't understand the concept of owning things so you took that and a push along toy dog  from the kid next door and that was any time you went on a I"m leaving home" excursion" . I was always leaving home. 
Any way. The TL was a great bike and i learned allot on that bike. 
Well hold on i haven't told you about the DT 100. 
I went trail riding on one particular Saturday night with my older brothers mate Chris . He had a Yellow  1975 DT 250 .
He took me all over places i never knew were linked to our place by disused railway lines. What a great time i had. I rode along the road with him. I asked him what to do if the cops came ?  
His response was a wry smile and he said " Drop a gear, open the throttle and head for the dirt" !
Great advice that served me well for years to come.

I'm sixteen in that pic. Check them " They're going to be all the rage " M.Robert plastic MX boots. Utter crap ! 
Every man Jack and his dog ripped the piss out of me when i wore them boots . Eventually i bought a pair of second hand Roger De -coster Alpine stars .Had them re soled at Walter Hursts clog shop in a town called Hindley near Wigan, and had the boots up untill a few years ago and now i'm 59.
I thought i was Bob Hannah . I'd only seen pictures of him but i was Bob and wrung that YZ125 Es neck. 
eventually 3rd gear shattered and smashed a whole in the rear of the clutch side crank case.
I swapped that bike for a HiFi unit as i moved onto this.

A brand new RD 250 E. But the coat i bought became my trade mark !

Got into quite allot of handle bar bashing with the blue smoke gang on that bike before launching it into a crash barrier.
After it was repaired , I went to Manchester on it to see a girl i'd met and someone stole it.
So this is where me and the cops clashed . Along with lots of other people.
I got in some hellish trouble.
I got the nick name Wolfy . Everyone said i was a revolutionary and called me that after a TV character from the Tooting popular front . Older women loved me because i was as rough and wild as they come.
This was my instrument of torture for the cops.

A Honda XL 250 A.

Check out that fringe. They should have made that wheel 30 inch. It spent longer in that position than steering it.
I don't have a clue why they hated us so much. 
More about that tomorrow
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, JGersh, Ht1kid, Sneezles61, adguy2112, Tinkicker, Mike P
Last edit: 14 Jan 2022 16:50 by shyted.
14 Jan 2022 16:15 #11

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic want to know how trouble starts with enduro bikes

"I got the nick name Wolfy . Everyone said i was a revolutionary and called me that after a TV character from the Tooting popular front . Older women loved me because i was as rough and wild as they come."

Did they call you "Foxy", just like the mother of the TV character's girlfriend did?! 

This image is hidden for guests.

For our non UK members, TV show was called "Citizen Smith" and the lead role was played by a young Robert Lindsay.

Power to the People!

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, shyted, Ht1kid, Mike P
15 Jan 2022 00:17 #12

This message has attachments images.

Great stories Shyted, '& others'. Keep em coming.
Last edit: 15 Jan 2022 13:50 by RT325.
15 Jan 2022 13:48 #13

• shyted
  • shyted's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter
So ,today again, i was with my brother at my dads emptying all the stuff out of the garage.
Phil my brother, hired a skip and up rocks this lad i knew from that era of my life. He used to work for my brother and left school at 14.He was from a family where his dad spent all their cash on booze, fags, and horse racing betting. his mum was a bit of a floozy but at least did her best for the three lads until dad came home shit faced and broke her nose or gave here a swinging hair transplant ( that grabbing some ones hair ,swinging them round and booting them up the ass at the same time ).
The lad is called Sean Stockton. My uncle gave him a sandwich all them years ago as he had no money and no food .
He bit into it and then devoured it . My uncle said " do you want another"? to which he said yes. The sandwich had boiled ham on with mustard pickle.
He said to my Uncle " Where did you get that cheese from Sammy" ? My uncle replied " It's not cheese it's Lurpack best butter " ?
In later years he got busted for trying to smuggle 1/2 a ton of Cannabis into the UK from Southern Spain and Jailed for 5 years.
He straightened himself out in the end and now owns several companies including skip hire and breading race horses. 
his elder brother was killed and his younger brother is a Samba champion instructor in Christchurch New Zealand .
So today Sean says to me about the XL250 S and all the trouble surrounding that bike and me. 

Trick pic. I was riding up quite a steep hill there.
It started on a sunny Sunday evening on our way to Stuarts house when three of us road past a local pub where a group of lads on scooters were hanging out. Them and us stayed away from each other. Didn't go the same discos or youth club nor anywhere. I was at the back and saw it all happen. Two of the scooter boys jumped up, ran to the road and threw their glasses
half full of ale at the two lads in front . I avoided the outburst by riding around the back of them, up the drop down for the pavement ( sidewalk) and dropped off the other side back into the road.
We got to Stuarts and i said " What did you do to cause that like"? He said " Feck all but that bunch has pissed up the wrong tree ! "  I said  ( His name was Stu Paxford  so we called him Packy) What's the score then Packy ?"  He returned from out of his shed with a large tin of Brasso , handed me a quarter tin of Jays fluid ( A strong black disinfectant ) . I laughed and knew the plan instantly. These were lads in their early 20s and we were all 17 and we  were going to be giving  them the good news from us.
The plan was, ride back the other way and wait for a gap in the traffic and me hang back.
Sunday was quiet on English roads back then but the roads weren't deserted by no means.
 Mick to go first to get them on their feet. Stu went past with the open tin of Brasso and wizzed it on the floor just before them. When they were covered in the stuff i hit them with the open Jays fluid .Stinking mess that would be. Worked an absolute treat. 
Them being half cut and full of shite played an even better part .We covered them.
All hell broke loose after that and went on for a couple of years . Punch ups , Threats ,chases ,baiting them letting them think they had us and then heading into a dirt track seeing them hitting the floor on their scooters, one of them waving a hammer at me as i let him pull along side where upon i braked instantly and he shot by me so i went back around him sending him all over the road.
Had they not been fashion addicts and been able to ride, that would have been different. 
Of course one night months later the Police came into the picture .

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid, Sneezles61, adguy2112, Mike P
Last edit: 18 Jan 2022 16:38 by shyted.
18 Jan 2022 16:27 #14

This message has an attachment image.

Dave you're a hooligan

Might need to rethink SHYTEFEST, there's bound to be trouble if you're involved

Yamaha RT-1
Yamaha CT1-B
Yamaha CT1-C
Yamaha AT1-C
Yamaha CT3
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid
19 Jan 2022 04:50 #15

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic want to know how trouble starts with enduro bikes

"Dave you're a hooligan
Might need to rethink SHYTEFEST, there's bound to be trouble if you're involved"

Better not show Dave your Vespa collection either, Pete!

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Ht1kid, Pete-RT1
Last edit: 19 Jan 2022 05:19 by Gr8uncleal.
19 Jan 2022 05:19 #16

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart