facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

A very well done Russian restoration

• Camp3
  • Camp3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Supporter
  • Site Supporter
Maybe this has been posted here already but it is a really well done restoration video. I wish I had his knowledge of chemistry and skills. I could learn a lot...

1976 DT175C
1975 DT100B Kid Trainer
1974 DT250A In Process
1992 FJ1200
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, AirborneSilva, Pedalcrazy, Pete-RT1, Jack, BubbaSendsIt
25 Jan 2021 04:37 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by BubbaSendsIt on topic A very well done Russian restoration

Great share. Soothing and relaxing to watch the transformation. A fine example of Russian ingenuity and disregard for safety labels when slices into the batteries to harvest what might guess was tin to catalyze the phosphoric acid. The chemistry stuff is pretty neat. I wonder if the guy doing it has a theoretical understanding of all the reactions or he was just taught the practical side what to do it. Thanks for this post!
1972 Yamaha DT2 250
1965 Ducati Monza 250 (legacy project not running yet)
1966 Ducati Monza 250 (legacy project not running yet)
Hunting: parts/part bikes for above + any 60's-early 70's 250 singles
25 Jan 2021 07:35 #2

Replied by msavitt on topic A very well done Russian restoration

I viewed this a couple of weeks ago, the person doing this restoration is not only a very capable mechanic, but to your point a skilled chemist. I loved the giant borscht jars filled with stuff that's impossible to get here in CA USA and would likely have be jailed! When I was a kid engineer anything mechanical and Russian like pumps and turbines recovered by our gov were seriously analized, the Russian's had amazing engineers and designs that sometimes surprised USA back in the USSR days. Sure looks like a BMW, I wonder who copied who!
25 Jan 2021 09:01 #3

Replied by Wessi on topic A very well done Russian restoration

msavitt wrote: I viewed this a couple of weeks ago, the person doing this restoration is not only a very capable mechanic, but to your point a skilled chemist. I loved the giant borscht jars filled with stuff that's impossible to get here in CA USA and would likely have be jailed! When I was a kid engineer anything mechanical and Russian like pumps and turbines recovered by our gov were seriously analized, the Russian's had amazing engineers and designs that sometimes surprised USA back in the USSR days. Sure looks like a BMW, I wonder who copied who!

BMW R 71 was produced 1938 till 1941. The Russians mada a detailed copy and produced it from 1941 till 1957. Later russion bike were all based on the BMW-copy
The following user(s) Liked this Post: BubbaSendsIt
26 Jan 2021 00:20 #4

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart