facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Picture Attachment problem (09 Jul 2022)

Due to the extraordinary growth of the membership and resources, we are once again bumping up against hosting limits. I am working on a fix. In the meantime, the forum should function, but you won’t be able to attach images. Working as fast s we can to fix. Thanks for your patience. - Makotosun

Explain Your User Name

Replied by Tex on topic Explain Your User Name

It's a nick name I picked up in high school. Initially I hated it, but I came to accept it and it has stuck to this day, though only certain people call me Tex (i.e. old mates from BITD, and motorbike people, definitely not work mates). I'm not from Texas!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MACE6772
21 Dec 2020 02:57 #31

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gearboy on topic Explain Your User Name

I first used Gearboy on ebay in 1999 and use it on all sites now. It has nothing to do with collecting/buying gear. I just thought of something mechanical since I've always liked SCCA racing and motorcycles. I never did the car racing thing but went with my dad who raced for nearly 30 years.
1970 Yamaha CT1B
1982 Fantic Trials Bike 240 Professional
1996 Suzuki DR200
21 Dec 2020 05:32 #32

Replied by darinm on topic Explain Your User Name

Zapatto/Olivier,

What a beautiful place to live, got to travel there in 2013 and even ended up on the Fium'orbo river a couple times. How long did you live there?

No motorcycles involved on our trip but plenty of good whitewater in Corsica if you can get there while there is enough water in the rivers, we got lucky, this is on the Fium'orbo.
1972 Yamaha CT2 175
1972 Suzuki TS185 Sierra
1986 Yamaha IT200
2013 Yamaha XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Zapatto
21 Dec 2020 11:33 #33

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Electricpoet on topic Explain Your User Name

Electricpoet

Social security won’t come to my aid because my stamps aren’t fully paid, think I’ll thumb a lift to the moon sell the cheese and become a tycoon,
(makes more sense if your in the UK)
The poet bit is easy and the electric bit was cool in the 70,s
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C., MarkT, MACE6772
21 Dec 2020 12:33 #34

Replied by JayB on topic Explain Your User Name

My real name is John Briguglio, and my nickname is Jay. Hence JayB. Since my user name story is so bland I thought I would include a high school photography reverse negative Yamaha enduro picture from back in the day.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, dwil4, MACE6772, darinm, Pete-RT1
21 Dec 2020 15:40 #35

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Dave The Wave on topic Explain Your User Name

My real name is Dave Braddock and my nickname is Dave The Wave. This nickname was inspired by Murf The Surf whose real name was Jack Roland Murphy. I am the complete opposite of Murf The Surf. He was a well-known surfer, a famous jewel thief and a murderer. I, on the other hand, am a terrible surfer, a scrupulously honest retired CPA, and I could never intentionally hurt anyone. However I always liked his nickname and used it as the inspiration for mine. FYI Murf died last September at age 83.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, 1971DT250, MACE6772, darinm
21 Dec 2020 19:25 #36

Replied by apex on topic Explain Your User Name

Love the stories...

I have used variations of the word apex since the very first email address I created back in or around 1993. Just kind of stuck, use apex as a base to this day through all the email iterations, user names, etc. I rode sportbikes exclusively until around 1995, and spent alot of time in SoCal twisties, always "apexing."

What happened in 1995? A beat '69 DT1 came my way, and my then 6 year old told me he wanted a dirtbike.
Allrighty Then
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, MACE6772, Pete-RT1
21 Dec 2020 20:15 #37

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic Explain Your User Name

I sing the body electric. Everybody thought "FAME!" But it's really one of the 19th century American poets, though his name escapes me right now. Whitman?
Yes. Just looked it up, though a "Twilight Zone" episode thusly named came up first. Says a lot about today's world...
21 Dec 2020 21:02 #38

Replied by Zapatto on topic Explain Your User Name

Darinm
I lived there from 1996 to 1999 and had a 600 xt at this time. Nice bike for this place. I was supposed to stay longer but for family reason, I had to move. A very nice place to live if you like nature..... Particular inhabitants but the landscape is unique.
73 Yamaha CT3
7x AT2
7x Solex 5000
76 DTF
84 Peugeot 103 SP
89 Ducati 750 SPORT
92 Cagiva T4E 350
Last edit: 21 Dec 2020 23:34 by Zapatto.
21 Dec 2020 23:33 #39

Replied by darinm on topic Explain Your User Name

"A very nice place to live if you like nature..... Particular inhabitants but the landscape is unique." - That is the best description I've heard of it. I bet it was great to ride around on, so many mountain roads with great views.
1972 Yamaha CT2 175
1972 Suzuki TS185 Sierra
1986 Yamaha IT200
2013 Yamaha XT250
22 Dec 2020 10:19 #40

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart