facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Birds have taken over my shed when i wasn't looking.

10 Nov 2019 16:28
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
Topic Author
Birds have taken over my shed when i wasn't looking. #1
No been in my lockup old stable for a while. Lands leased out for cropping so can't go playing anyway. But was a bit shocked when i opened the door as could barely get in. Plus in the back corner trying to burry one bike lol.
The following user(s) Liked this Post Elpho

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Nov 2019 16:44
DaveHunter
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Birds have taken over my shed when i wasn't looking. #2
We might get a little nest over a yard light around here but nothing like that ....you ought to look around for an egg bet your birds would lay a big one !

10 Nov 2019 17:35
KennyV
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Birds have taken over my shed when i wasn't looking. #3
Wow! That's a lot of bird stuff! Ok, it's a sign that you need to get the bikes out for a little exercise :)

71 Z50 Minitrail
72 RT2
74 250A
78 XT500E
06 F650GS Dakar

10 Nov 2019 18:01
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
Topic Author
Birds have taken over my shed when i wasn't looking. #4
Have 4 stables the same & frightened to look in the others. Na, they seem to pick on this one mostly. Have a couple of doggy old RMX 250's & a DT1MX motor with 360 crank in an R5 frame, LS3 100 single, MR50 [yamaha not honda] & my long legged RT2 in other stable. Gettin worried as counted 20 bikes once--umm, no one would steel any as wouldn't know where to start or how to start them haha.

10 Nov 2019 18:19
Camp3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Birds have taken over my shed when i wasn't looking. #5
OK, I need to know..what type of bird fills up your shed with that much stuff and why do they need a nest that big..sorry to take this off in the wrong direction.

1976 DT175C Now Running!
1975 DT100B Kid Trainer
1974 DT250A 3rd in Que
1992 FJ1200
Primary Home Long Grove, IL
Secondary Home UP of MI

10 Nov 2019 23:24
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
Topic Author
Birds have taken over my shed when i wasn't looking. #6

Camp3 wrote: OK, I need to know..what type of bird fills up your shed with that much stuff and why do they need a nest that big..sorry to take this off in the wrong direction.

Good point 'that' & i've never caught them in the act. I think they're thrush birds as plenty around, & if i clean it out it'll start growing again quite quick i suppose getting ready for nesting time. This time though it's been a very long time between clean outs. Funny thing is there's no hay or straw on the property so they're carrying it a distance. Maybe they're just storing it there for when they need some to make a nest elsware close by & sorry if i've ruined their plan. Make me feel quite mean undoing it all but no eggs amongst it. At the house we had years of swallows making mud nest on the door frame ledge & i left those there untill they'd finished with them. little workaholics they were, but for some reason that doesn't happen any more. Back down the road though the thrushes crap all over my firewood in an open shed & i've hung all sort of things like cd's & cheapy disposable tin plates & after a while they just ignore them & carry on haha.

Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart