facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Intermediate spark on 1971 Yamaha ct1c

Replied by Swoop56 on topic Intermediate spark on 1971 Yamaha ct1c

Most Yamaha pumps of that vintage call for .20 - .25 mm . The .15 mm is a minimum clearance only .
There are likely two or three shims under the big washer , remove one or more , to get correct setting .
10 Oct 2020 04:01 #21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Blukas
  • Blukas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by Blukas on topic Intermediate spark on 1971 Yamaha ct1c

I just checked, there are two. Gonna be gone for the rest of the day, so tommorow I’ll finish the job and ride it around. Before I do that I need to time it right, don’t wanna burn the motor out when there is less oil than how it is now. Already got pretty hot after I ran around the block.
10 Oct 2020 10:27 #22

• Blukas
  • Blukas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by Blukas on topic Intermediate spark on 1971 Yamaha ct1c

Cable was pulling the wheel way too far, so I lightened it up right, added a spacer, and now this is how it’s working, definitely warms up a lot faster, maybe after 20-30 seconds the exhaust pipe is hot. Should I get a temp thermometer? Still need to do a timing adjustment, that might be why it runs hot.
10 Oct 2020 15:24 #23

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevin