facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

New to site and very impressed

31 Jul 2020 05:43
Joemont
More
Topic Author
New to site and very impressed #1
Hello I’m new here I have 1971-73 rt1. Would like to know exactly which one I own. It’s a 360 enduro please help find year. I’m working on transmission it’s not shifting when I pulled it apart gears where broke. I bought new gears installed but it’s not shifting. I had 1st and 2nd working but that was it. Ride bike first and 2nd ok no 3rd. Hope I’m not doing things wrong by asking Thanks for listening and hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jul 2020 06:03
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
New to site and very impressed #2
Welcome! from the UK.

Paintwork is 1973 RT3, but for confirmation go to the VIN tables in the Tech Library (see top toolbar). Engine number and VIN would have been the same when bike was new, but lots have been mixed and matched over the years.

Unless otherwise stated, the VIN tables here are for US bikes. Some bikes for the Canadian and Australasian markets had slightly later numbers.

31 Jul 2020 06:13
Joemont
More
Topic Author
New to site and very impressed #3
Thanks for the fast response. I will check into that. I took a pic of it. A long time ago I spoke to a Yamaha rep. And he he wasn’t sure the year but he said rt1 b was what came up. I’m not 100 sure.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

31 Jul 2020 06:20
Joemont
More
Topic Author
New to site and very impressed #4
Thanks for the fast response. I will check into that. I did and I have a 1973 rt3. Thank you soo much. That will help me a lot with my transmission fix. I appreciate the help have a great day.

31 Jul 2020 06:58
Pete-RT1
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
New to site and very impressed #5
Another UK Welcome!
A wealth of knowledge and experience here, these guys certainly know their stuff.

31 Jul 2020 19:05
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
New to site and very impressed #6
Welcome. You did well if you had it completely apart & at least have two gears. But if you only had the clutch side off due to broken gears to do with kickstart then should be an easier fix. Hope you don't need to go right inside. Gearbox on those didn't change much between "70 & "73 so look at the link for a layout of how it should be. www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/l/yam/50...84861/1973-rt3-parts

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevin