facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

New to site and very impressed

• Joemont
  • Joemont's Avatar Topic Author

New to site and very impressed was created by Joemont

Hello I’m new here I have 1971-73 rt1. Would like to know exactly which one I own. It’s a 360 enduro please help find year. I’m working on transmission it’s not shifting when I pulled it apart gears where broke. I bought new gears installed but it’s not shifting. I had 1st and 2nd working but that was it. Ride bike first and 2nd ok no 3rd. Hope I’m not doing things wrong by asking Thanks for listening and hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
31 Jul 2020 05:43 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic New to site and very impressed

Welcome! from the UK.

Paintwork is 1973 RT3, but for confirmation go to the VIN tables in the Tech Library (see top toolbar). Engine number and VIN would have been the same when bike was new, but lots have been mixed and matched over the years.

Unless otherwise stated, the VIN tables here are for US bikes. Some bikes for the Canadian and Australasian markets had slightly later numbers.
31 Jul 2020 06:03 #2

• Joemont

Replied by Joemont on topic New to site and very impressed

Thanks for the fast response. I will check into that. I took a pic of it. A long time ago I spoke to a Yamaha rep. And he he wasn’t sure the year but he said rt1 b was what came up. I’m not 100 sure.
31 Jul 2020 06:13 #3

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Joemont

Replied by Joemont on topic New to site and very impressed

Thanks for the fast response. I will check into that. I did and I have a 1973 rt3. Thank you soo much. That will help me a lot with my transmission fix. I appreciate the help have a great day.
31 Jul 2020 06:20 #4

Replied by Pete-RT1 on topic New to site and very impressed

Another UK Welcome!
A wealth of knowledge and experience here, these guys certainly know their stuff.
Yamaha RT-1
Yamaha CT1-B
Yamaha CT1-C
Honda XR250
31 Jul 2020 06:58 #5

Replied by RT325 on topic New to site and very impressed

Welcome. You did well if you had it completely apart & at least have two gears. But if you only had the clutch side off due to broken gears to do with kickstart then should be an easier fix. Hope you don't need to go right inside. Gearbox on those didn't change much between "70 & "73 so look at the link for a layout of how it should be. www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/l/yam/50...84861/1973-rt3-parts
31 Jul 2020 19:05 #6

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevin