facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

wiring diagram and how to get running

• mcburns
  • mcburns's Avatar Topic Author

wiring diagram and how to get running was created by mcburns

Hi, glad I found this cool forum. Iam a new owner of a 1976 dt100 enduro. the wiring is a wasps nest of mess, and i would like to simplify it to just what needs to be hooked up to get it to start.

Can someone supply me with a basic wiring diagram to what needs to be connected and where to be able to start, Does it have to have a good battery in it to start??

Also it seems all fluids have been drained, can someone help with the capacities and where the fluids needed go?

Lastly it came with a weird throttle cable that has a splitter that goes to the carb and the motor? it is super long and I don't think it goes with the bike, a picture and possible a diagram of how and where that mounts would be great,

Ive read a lot and think im missing some info. thank you so much in advance, I can not wait to be ripping this little beast
Last edit: 29 Apr 2020 09:30 by mcburns. Reason: forgot to ask something
29 Apr 2020 09:20 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic wiring diagram and how to get running

Welcome. On those it should still be magneto ignition, so just simply find the black wire coming from the magneto loom & run it straight to the coil under the tank. Coil might have an orange, but only one wire in so can't go wrong. No battery required. You won't have a kill switch doing it that way so just be sure the throttle is operating & fully closing off, or have an escape plan lol. Like be able to choke it to death with something over the carb mouth. Or sit the plug cap just on top of the plug so you can flick it off easy. Or i suppose just hook a kill switch to the black, Sorry, making it sound scary but just covering things that can go wrong. sounds like someone's fitted the only cable they had although too long [but if it works--]. It splits to go to the oil pump. Take the pump cover off & you'll see how it turns a cable wheel that increases supply as the revs rise. Think i' forget that & just premix the fuel in the tank until you know how it's going to run. If it's been parked for a long time there's a fair chance it will have emptied the two stroke oil tank into the crankcase below the cylinder. So don't be surprised if it smoke the village out. Good time to live out in the country haha. See how ya go & we'll go from there if it runs. But first you need spark then fuel, carb clean enough to run etc. Choke [if not blocked] needs the throttle shut for it to work. In time you'll learn to know when it's flooded--or needs more choke. But if it starts then don't be tempted to give it a handful of throttle & snuff it out until or unless it richens up & goes to stop from over-choking. Long learning curve ahead but hope it runs at least. Just reading again--fluids--so you should have a dip stick on the filler for the trans by the kick start. With the bike upright just dip the cap but don't screw it in & [by long memory] it should have a flat or visible spot on the dipstick for where it needs to be. Not super critical just yet but just so you can see 'some' oil on the stick. If you're sure its empty then should have the quantity cast into the cover somewhere close by & guessing about 700mls. So far as the twostroke oil tank goes, [which might have its lid under the seat], any two stroke oil [not outboard oil] should do. See how ya go & sorry about the long story.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT
30 Apr 2020 00:20 #2

Replied by RT325 on topic wiring diagram and how to get running

Pic of the mag plus link to the page, although not much help.

www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcy...00c/flywheel-magneto
30 Apr 2020 00:24 #3

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

30 Apr 2020 00:28 #4

Replied by MarkT on topic wiring diagram and how to get running

Many Yamaha manuals in the Tech Library have the basic one-wire diagram RT325 described. The stuff I've circled in blue is inside the flywheel. The Red highlights the single wire needed.

And here's one on the points wire connection... if someone got the order messed up the points can be shorted to ground. Easy to do.

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325
30 Apr 2020 04:47 #5

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Eazy-X on topic wiring diagram and how to get running

I have the wiring diagram for this, in my Haynes manual. I could post a photo but what's the copyright like on such things?

<addendum> just looked, I have diagrams for the UK 1N1 variant and US from A to K. Any idea which one it is?
Last edit: 30 Apr 2020 06:56 by Eazy-X. Reason: addendum
30 Apr 2020 06:53 #6

• mcburns
  • mcburns's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by mcburns on topic wiring diagram and how to get running

thanks gonna go over this later today, can you please inform me also on which types of fluid and where they go. what would be the mixture to run fuel just in the gas tank.
30 Apr 2020 10:13 #7

Replied by Eazy-X on topic wiring diagram and how to get running

Gearbox probably about 650cc (should be stamped on the case.) Some people swear by ATF but 4-stroke motorbike oil is fine. Just don't put car oil in as the clutch probably won't like it.

Regarding fuel if you mean premix then maybe start with a little bit of 32:1 to be on the safe side.
30 Apr 2020 18:25 #8

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevin