facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Here it is, Suzuki TS185 Enduro!

• SKYDANCER46
  • SKYDANCER46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Here it is, Suzuki TS185 Enduro! was created by SKYDANCER46

Well guy's, Was out looking for a good Yamaha twin jet 100 or twin 125 this week and came across another darn Suzuki! First it was the 73 TS400, Now it's this 1976 Suzuki TS185A Enduro. Looks to be in pretty good shape so i brought it home with me. Has a clear Michigan title, original tool kit, rear chrome rack with it. ( just laying on the bike for now) Has original Suzuki mirrors and turn signals on it. Seat, side cover and gas tank is nice and clean. Starts right up and runs decent. ( i'm use to the TS400) what can i say. LOL! and I AM NOT RESTORING THIS ONE. Just going to clean it up and repair anything needing repaired. I sure wish i could come across a decent Yamaha to play with! After all this is a Yamaha forum!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Badger52
22 Jul 2017 15:42 #1

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by MarkT on topic Here it is, Suzuki TS185 Enduro!

Very nice find Rob!

Hmmm.... not restoring it.... kind of sad.... you do such nice work! :likey
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
22 Jul 2017 15:52 #2

Replied by monel12 on topic Here it is, Suzuki TS185 Enduro!

Nice bike, enjoy!! I had a 1974 I restored and enjoyed, but later sold. Great bikes to putt around on.
1971 RT 1B
1971 RT 1B
1970 RT 1
1970 RT 1
1969 CT 1
1971 DT 1
1974 100MX
2016 BMW F700 GS
1982 Yamaha Towny
1971 CT 1
1975 DT400
22 Jul 2017 16:46 #3

• SKYDANCER46
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by SKYDANCER46 on topic Here it is, Suzuki TS185 Enduro!

Well, finally got a chance to take this Suzuki 185 for a good spin down the road. Immediately notice something odd as to how it tracked down the street and how it rode especially getting up to speed??

Took it back in the garage and started really looking close at the bike. This is when i notice the steering stop on the left side was bent pretty good! Then i notice a few other things. Left hand grip was new, left mirror was replaced, speedo (left side) was new and had been replaced. Left side cover was new NOS with a part # tag on the inside of it, the 185 sticker was not a stock suzuki sticker after closely looking at it, pretty good gouge in the left front lower fork leg, triple clamps cocked to one side. Normally you can loosen the clamp bolts and straighten up the front end and retighen the pinch bolts and your good to go. Not this bike. The front end tweeks right back when pushing down on the forks a couple of times. Odd in that the upper fork tubes are not bent?

Then i started removing things from the bike to get a real good look at it. This is when i notice the frame has been bent (tweeked) to the left off center. Not good! So to make a long story short. The bike ended up going back to the seller for a full refund. No written disclosure about the frame damage.

So if any members here in Michigan see's this bike for sale on craigslist or advertised somewhere else, do yourself a favor and stay away from it. Seller swears he knew nothing about it! I beg to differ after questioning him and listening to his story.

To bad because the bike had a good strong running motor and a lot of other good things going for it!!

Anyways, Still looking for a good Yamaha Twin jet 100 or older 60's- 70's small Yamaha bike to play around with.

Skydancer
19 Aug 2017 21:26 #4

Replied by SlowPoke on topic Here it is, Suzuki TS185 Enduro!

Good for you! That fargering bastich! Too bad it wasn't what you had hoped. There is always another one around the corner waiting to be discovered though.
2018 Suzuki Vstrom 1000XT
2014 Yamaha Bolt
2009 Yamaha XT250
1977 Yamaha DT250
Hammond Organ
Fender Bass
19 Aug 2017 22:53 #5

Replied by RT325 on topic Here it is, Suzuki TS185 Enduro!

Seller might not be into bikes enough to know what he had was not as it may seem. On the face of it she looked like a great bike. If he advertises it as having been accident damaged an partly repaired He could still get a good price from someone with a good frame. I love these early models & had a TC185 high/low electric start years ago & was great as a farm bike.
20 Aug 2017 04:51 #6

• SKYDANCER46
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by SKYDANCER46 on topic Here it is, Suzuki TS185 Enduro!

RT325 wrote: Seller might not be into bikes enough to know what he had was not as it may seem. On the face of it she looked like a great bike. If he advertises it as having been accident damaged an partly repaired He could still get a good price from someone with a good frame. I love these early models & had a TC185 high/low electric start years ago & was great as a farm bike.

You could be right, when i took the bike back to him and he rode it around his yard to test it out. I asked him did you notice how bad the bike tracks? He looked at me with a strange look and said "no". But things he told me about the bike and when stuff was replaced just didn't add up to what i was seeing. He also had no explanation as to why certain things were replaced. It was definitly a odd situation because it got hit hard enough to bend the steering stop pretty bad almost to the point were the fork tube was just thousands of a inch away from the gas tank on a full lock left turn. The frame upper back bone tube was bent as well to the left. Yet the seat, gas tank and upper fork tubes didn't get damaged or bent.

As for finding another frame. I thought about that but the 1976 TS185 is a 1 year model frame because of the air box. Suzuki up graded the air box from the 1975 bike for better breathing. it's larger and has different mounting locations on the frame then the 1975 TS185 bike. Then Suzuki changed the bike again in 1977. So the 1976 TS185 is probably the rarest of the Suzuki TS185's in my opinion.Very few of them around. I only realized this after trying to find parts for it. I always thought it was the same as the 75 TS185. It's not. There was some major engine changes between the 75 and 76 TS185 as well.

As SlowPoke said: there's alway's another one just around the corner waiting to be discovered.

until next time
Sky
The following user(s) Liked this Post: ScottMalv
20 Aug 2017 18:19 #7

Moderators: Makotosun