facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Electrical wireing

Electrical wireing 26 Jun 2019 19:09 #1

• Nitto05
  • Nitto05's Avatar Topic Author
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
Hey guys I need help I messed up with rewiring my bike I need visual help I am very confused with the manual I have a Yamaha dt1-Enduro I am trying to restore but I messed up the wiring and need help my bike coil is bad also I don't know any replacement for an ignition coil for a bike this old any suggestions
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post: liferbiker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

With a strong will you can achieve anything

Electrical wireing 26 Jun 2019 19:42 #2

• DEET
I sell new wiring harnesses for most of the enduros.
Main harness, tail light harness, instrument lights, ignition switch, brake switch, dimmer/horn/turn signal switch, magneto, regulator, turn signals, headlight....

And if you are challenged by the soldering iron, I can install them also.

Yamaha@nc.rr.com

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...

Electrical wireing 26 Jun 2019 19:48 #3

• Mothersbaugh
  • Collector
  • Collector
Looks like a great bike, anyway!

Electrical wireing 26 Jun 2019 23:22 #4

• liferbiker
  • Collector
  • Collector
Yaa for '70! I also have one been repairing, refreshing. I can attest to Deet's wire works as I purchased the mag harness as mine was " stiffer than a wedding prick" it was all bad! His harness I soldered directly to coils, it was long enough to reach ignition switch & coil, his is first rate! He's got the OE connectors as well as most anything you may need, even wierd stuff I've come to find out! Coils are available, but they rarely fail (I've read here). A shop PO took it to put a new coil on (now mine) and it still didn't run. Problem was a grounded source (ignition mag) coil/points wire. Did you ohm check coil, and plug connector? Points ok? tech section here has manuals u can check for diagnosis of ignition and entire bike. Good luck, it looks like a nice bike, alot better than what I started with!

Electrical wireing 27 Jun 2019 02:34 #5

• Nitto05
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
Hey deet do you have a new wiring harness for the whole bike and a ignition coil as well as the carburetor filter pipe and a new taillight a magneto cover and the sprocket cover also do you have a muffler stinger

And do you have any suggestions on how to clean all the dirt of if this bike ?

Thanks

Electrical wireing 27 Jun 2019 02:38 #6

• Nitto05
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
Also my bike didn't come with a regulator I dunno if it did thanks

Electrical wireing 27 Jun 2019 05:33 #7

• RT325
  • Collector
  • Collector
Is the wiring stuffed or are you having trouble matching colors to colors as there is a few tricks & different shades of a very similar color with greens & browns etc. You say you want a sprocket cover, is it because yours is damaged. They're super expensive these days for a new one if you can find one. Might be best to just tidy up the cosmetic damage & carry on providing the clutch actuator is working as the split the nylon worm & get tight to operate. I need a couple down here in NZ but freight kills everything nowdays plus our useless dollar lol. With yours it's onlt the two screw showing that do any useful supporting of the clutch actuator so rear one missing won't matter. Yes mag covers i could do with too as running my VMX RT2 minus a mag cover but can pinch one off my DT1. No biggy for me as getting past riding it but hope you have some luck. Like your color too. Re the coil, there's plenty of 6 volt single wire ac coils on ebay but someone will point out a definite swap without surgery on mounting brackets. Just wondering what the fault is with yours. Is it open circuit etc. Cheers.

Electrical wireing 27 Jun 2019 09:41 #8

• Nitto05
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
Hey can you take a picture of a bike similar to my bikes wireing so I know where to plug things in ? Like a pic of the bike and where all the wires lead to ?

Electrical wireing 27 Jun 2019 11:21 #9

• Mothersbaugh
  • Collector
  • Collector
Nitto, have you checked the tech library? In the tool bar, find the "tech library." Find the shop/repair manuals, and then in that folder, find your 1970 DT-1 manual. There should be a wiring diagram complete with wire colors in that manual.
Also, go to search forum, and search "DT-1 wiring diagram." Seems to me there were a few threads on that sort of thing recently...

Edit: Here's a start; change the wording slightly, and you may get more results.
www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/...7/2019&childforums=1

Last Edit: by Mothersbaugh.

Electrical wireing 27 Jun 2019 18:30 #10

• Nitto05
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: MakotosunDEETDevinDmanEnduronutVinnieyamadminJames Hart