facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Replacement carburetor ‘73 CT3

Replacement carburetor ‘73 CT3 11 Jul 2018 04:09 #1

• Brotherman65
  • Brotherman65's Avatar Topic Author
Does anyone have any advice on a good replacement carburetor for my ‘73 CT3? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TK

Replacement carburetor ‘73 CT3 11 Jul 2018 05:57 #2

• Devin
  • Supporting Moderator
  • Supporting Moderator
  • Cell 805-914-8299

Brotherman65 wrote: Does anyone have any advice on a good replacement carburetor for my ‘73 CT3? Thanks

Carbs rarely ever go bad. They usually only need a good cleaning or replacing the jets, gasket, needles, etc.
If you have no carb at all I’d suggest getting a used one and rebuild it with Oem Mikuni parts.

I’d avoid Chinese carbs and “rebuild kits that contain incorrect jets”

Last Edit: by Devin.

Replacement carburetor ‘73 CT3 11 Jul 2018 06:21 #3

• RT325
  • Collector
  • Collector
Any pics of the old one?. As Devin says above, they rarely go bad. Can be a bugger to clean up when left for many years though. You could use a rubber manifold & push in type carb of an RD350 then jet it but might be close as it is being off a 175 [half a 350], all theory of course. Will be 28mm. I sold one of those earlier this week for a guy to fit on one of those chinese pushbike motors--good luck with that lol. Just thinking, if you do buy one of those then buy the left hand one as that one has the choke where it's piped over to the right carb but controlled from the left with choke lever. Then you just block off the short pipe where the hose connects it to the other side. Will have an oil line fitting for the autolube too. I'll find a pic of what i sold. Was only an idea--but there ya go. Pics coming if i can work it.
Attachments:

Last Edit: by RT325.
  • Page:
Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart