facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
16 Jan 2019
Tonight we were hit with a spammer which was caught by Enduronut. The user has been banned, hopefully we will be able to nip this in the bud. Please if you notice spam being posted, shoot an email to me at makotosun1@gmail.com so I can act quickly. Sorry for the inconvenience. apparently our defenses are not perfect. MAKO
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stuck Forks

Stuck Forks 25 Nov 2018 21:46 #11

• TerryM
  • Collector
  • Collector

Schu wrote:

Mini Enduro Man wrote: The bike in your old pictures looks to me like a 1971 JT1L ,
If you post the VIN#s of your new bikes... I can tell you what model they are..
Mini Enduro Man

If you're still willing to check my VINs, here they are.
The original red tank bike is JT1-0260833 on frame and engine.
The Hodge Podge white bike is JT1-056733 on frame and engine.

What seemed odd to me is that the red bikes VIN number was stamped with the JT down low, reading upward. The other bikes number started with the JT up high, reading downward.

I have another disassembled JT that came with the red one but the frame is hanging up on the barn wall and I forgot to haul it down to get the VIN.

According to a copy of the charts here that I printed out long ago, the JT1-056733 VIN comes back to a 1972 JT2MX in Competition Yellow.

The other VIN has too many digits for my chart. A VIN of JT1-02XXXX comes back to a 1971 JT1 in Desert Orange. JT1-26XXXX is not on my chart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stuck Forks 26 Nov 2018 09:13 #12

• Schu
  • Schu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
Thanks TerryM.
I'll double check that VIN number tonight and see if I noted it incorrectly.

Stuck Forks 26 Nov 2018 10:58 #13

• mdscott
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post: FrankC, Snglsmkr

Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'76 Bultaco 143 Frontera
07 DL650
74 DT360
75 Norton
73 CB500K
63 C200
87 PW50
64 McClane Edger

Stuck Forks 26 Nov 2018 14:03 #14

• Mothersbaugh
  • Collector
  • Collector
GEEZEEE! Any story to go along with that fork, or are just left to surmise what may have happened??

Stuck Forks 26 Nov 2018 14:17 #15

• MarkT
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
Looks like somebody parked in the Jolly Green Giant's spot. :ROFLOL
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C., mdscott

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250

Stuck Forks 09 Dec 2018 09:01 #16

• Schu
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman

Schu wrote: Just getting ready to refurbish these two JTs and have a question. The forks on the white bike are seized in the position shown. Looks like about half way compressed compared to the other bike. I searched Stuck Forks but didn't hit anything applicable. Just curious what I'm getting into to free it up and fix it.

Ah yes. There's nothing like the smell of fork oil some 40 plus years later. Well the stuck fork was the non-sprung tube and it was due to the bottom tube boss had cracked in two and was jammed up. Luckily I have a third set of forks that was salvageable on the non-sprung side but wasted on the other side. All is well that ends well. Also found an interesting use for the removable rear wheel cutout on my HF lift table.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post: FrankC

Last Edit: by Schu.

Stuck Forks 03 Jan 2019 10:37 #17

• Schu
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
Making some progress on my two JTs. Bead blasted most of the small parts. Finished cleaning up the wheels and they turned out better than expected, which makes me happy because I try and play this game on a tight budget, so new wheels would have blown that out of the water.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Von

• Page:
Moderators: Mini Enduro ManDEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart