facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Question JT1 Paint codes

• JT1 - It’s for the kids...

Replied by JT1 - It’s for the kids... on topic JT1 Paint codes

I retrieve a trashed-out rear fender from my attic that’s the older design without the inner fender reinforcement. It still has the original Yamaha off-road warning label and the dealer sticker so I’m 99% sure the paint is original. The Desert Orange stripe on this fender measures 63-64mm wide (see pic) whereas my other bike cited in my previous post measures about 60mm (can you say “manufacturing variation”?).  Looks like anywhere between 60mm and 64mm is in the ballpark for the rear fender stripe.  Me personally, I’m going for 62mm on the rear fender and 52mm on the front fender. 

As as far as the masking question, neither of my rear fenders appear to have any of the Desert Orange on the underside. The are (were) basically all white on the underside (see pics).  Perhaps some other JT1 owners can chime in and help clarify these details.

Hope this helps.
Regards, Steve
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Schu
Last edit: 09 Jan 2022 14:47 by JT1 - It’s for the kids.... Reason: Fixed typo
09 Jan 2022 14:45 #21

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by 71-yamahaRob on topic JT1 Paint codes

Thanks for the clear pictures- I would agree, no sign of orange on the bottom and you can see the line where it stops on the edge of the fender. Really appreciate the help.
thanks, Rob
1969 Yamaha L5T
1970 Yamaha L5TA
1971 Yamaha JT1
1976 Yamaha GT80
10 Jan 2022 14:52 #22

• JT1 - It’s for the kids...

Replied by JT1 - It’s for the kids... on topic JT1 Paint codes

Glad to help Rob.
Did you ever get a response to your question regarding a paint code match for the white base color on the JT1’s?  I searched the archives and couldn’t find anything. This would be very useful information as I’m hoping to shoot the color coats on my tins in the spring.
Thanks Steve 
14 Jan 2022 04:42 #23

Hey Steve, Unfortunately I did not get an answer yet! Did you happen to find a match for the desert orange scouring the paint codes thread? I did not find one yet.
Rob
1969 Yamaha L5T
1970 Yamaha L5TA
1971 Yamaha JT1
1976 Yamaha GT80
14 Jan 2022 17:52 #24

I've seen the company marbles motors has restored some JT1s- possibly they would be kind enough to share the type of paint they used? I don't know if they sell paint though, they may not want to give the color away...
1969 Yamaha L5T
1970 Yamaha L5TA
1971 Yamaha JT1
1976 Yamaha GT80
14 Jan 2022 17:54 #25

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieMini Enduro ManDevinJames Hart