facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Yamaha lt2 100 cc front indicator reflector

• matwom
  • matwom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
hi guys 
just started to refurb my indecators on my lt2 but when i opened them up the one had total rusted inside and the reflect is totally rusted out , iv tried to get one for a few weeks now but no luck ,, has anyone got any ideas where i can get one  ? i need the reflector bit where the bulb pushes in ... thank you 

27 Oct 2021 02:38 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Gr8uncleal on topic Yamaha lt2 100 cc front indicator reflector

Morning Matt.

Is the bulb holder itself rusted to bu**ery as well? If not, you'd be surprised how well the reflector would come out after a soaking in Evaporust.

When you searched fleabay etc, did you also search under "Imasen"? Some folks come across old indicators in their shed, don't know what they're actually from and so list under the manufacturer's name.

Ideally, you'd want to find an indicator with a damaged outer but good reflector, so that nothing goes to waste. However, if that proves impossible, then you might have to buy a complete replacement indicator and take what you need from it. As it happens, I might have a spare indicator or two later on today, and I'll also have a butchers in my stash to see what's there, though I suspect it'll be bulb holders only.
27 Oct 2021 02:55 #2

• matwom
  • matwom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by matwom on topic Yamaha lt2 100 cc front indicator reflector

hi mate
its totally rusted up mate , cant even get the bulb out ...
27 Oct 2021 03:17 #3

If you can get the rust dealt with, DEET had a post on polishing and using the concave bottom of an aluminum soft drink can to repair the reflector part.

(I hope this doesn't devolve into a "Which is a better can to use?  Pepsi or Coke?" debate...

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

)
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Mini Enduro Man, Gr8uncleal, Ht1kid
27 Oct 2021 05:03 #4

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieMini Enduro ManDevinJames Hart