facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

1981 MX80 clutch issue??

• Mattmeadows
  • Mattmeadows's Avatar Topic Author

1981 MX80 clutch issue?? was created by Mattmeadows

Hi Gang. Finally got the old 1981 MX80 started with help from you guys (cleaned carb, new spark plug and hoses!!).

So now she runs but doesn't ride.
The gears seem to all click up 80% of the time but it has no drive. When I lift the rear wheel off the ground it spins.

So my question is... Where to next?? I tightened/loosened the clutch cable with no change. I opened the left side cover and cleaned out the gunk and pulled the spring on and off which may have mildy helped but not really.

Any heads up as to where I should go next??

Appreciate the help. Thanks guys.

Matt
17 May 2021 00:33 #1

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic 1981 MX80 clutch issue??

Just to confirm there's clutch internal trouble just remove the left cover & start it, paddle forward sitting on the seat & pop it into gear. if you can ride it around like that then the problems in the adjustment of the actuator where the cable hooks into. If it still wont drive then you're into the clutch itself on the other side. Just thought it might be easier for you to try that for an instant result rather than mucking around trying adjustments.
17 May 2021 01:18 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieMini Enduro ManDevinJames Hart