facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Messaging Notifications Hopefully Fixed?

Messaging Notifications Hopefully Fixed? 19 Feb 2019 00:10 #1

• Makotosun
  • Makotosun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
  • Admin is in the House!
So I spent a bunch of time under the hood tonight. I think I have both the new post and the messaging notification emails functioning. It appears something has been "off" for quite awhile and you may be getting a bunch of old notifications for old messages while the system cleans itself out. I don't have a way of purging those, but it shouldn't take too long.

The messages that come out of the site are in HTML, so if your email client does not read them, you should be able to click on them and go the the appropriate message.

Further, I am getting some warning from Google, that emails sent from the site may not be seen as legit (they are!). If you see an email from admin@yamaha-enduros, vintageenduros@gmail.com or makotosun1@gmail.com, those are all valid site email.

Please advise if you have issues with site emails.

Mako
The following user(s) Liked this Post: KJB, Snglsmkr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You can tell a professional by the lack of wrinkles in his duct tape.
Last Edit: by Makotosun.

Messaging Notifications Hopefully Fixed? 19 Feb 2019 01:31 #2

• RT325
  • Collector
  • Collector
Haha, or Ah ha--might explain why i suddenly got a bunch of personal messages in my emails but didn't quite look right so i looked on my messages on the site & they were 6 months ago & other times long gone. Hell i hope i answered them, had me worried. Started typing an answer to one straight off the email but then smelt a rat. All good . Site [your site/our site] would be lost without you. Thanks for keeping it running.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun, MarkT, Snglsmkr

Messaging Notifications Hopefully Fixed? 19 Feb 2019 18:13 #3

• Makotosun
  • Makotosun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
  • Admin is in the House!
So apparently the site was a bit constipated. You may be seeing a few or even a few hundred old emails coming to your inbox. The site is clearing out all the pent up notifications.

Should be done in a day I or so.

If you aren’t seeing any, check your spam box - they may be going there. If so, jus mark a few “not spam” and you should be good. Sorry about the inconvenience.

More good stuf coming to the site! Thanks for your patience and support!

Mako
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, Dirtboy, Snglsmkr

You can tell a professional by the lack of wrinkles in his duct tape.
  • Page:
Moderators: DEETDevinEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminDman