facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
18 Feb 2019
Sorry - I had to take the site offline for about 15 minutes tonight. Emergency repair. Please review the Site Upgrade Post for more information which will affect you. It's all good.

TOPIC: Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 29 Nov 2017 13:41 #21

• Benlypage
  • Novice
  • Novice
I use most of the sections and get lost in the forums quite often, great resource. Much better than my website.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 29 Nov 2017 16:57 #22

• Badger52
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
This site is the year round, hot stove league for Yamaha Enduro fanatics. Logging into the site and reading the different forum discussions is a great way to learn and share stories and information. Using the search function, you can find just about any restoration/repair situation explained in detail. The tech library is great also. That photo search index and VIN number charts are referenced frequently. I will admit that in my quest to gain points, I probably uploaded several pics/albums that were non-Yamaha related and those have been cleaned up.
Many thanks to those responsible for this oasis on the internet and for the chance to be associated with so many like minded individuals.
:likey

288501A

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 07 Jun 2018 19:37 #23

• mspang
  • Novice
  • Novice
I'm new to the site, but as soon as I can offer meaningful feedback, I will.

Off the top of my head, I would say that the Tech Library is important for helping us keep rare bikes in top shape. The forum is great for sharing our adventures, getting guidance, and learning more about this microcosm of enduro land. Articles/blog is good for some of us, and the Marketplace can be a great way for enthusiasts to find a good bike, as opposed to CL. I think the social channels aren't necessary, except maybe FB ... but videos should live on Youtube. No point hosting videos on the server (if you are).

I'm sure over time, I'll notice things you can trim now that I've read this thread. :)

1972 Yamaha DT2 enduro ... yes, my bike has RT2 silver paint scheme ... will go back to pearl yellow at some point.
Last Edit: by mspang.

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 08 Jun 2018 08:23 #24

• adagal
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
First, a big thanks Makotosun for all you do. The enduro world would not be the same without the efforts of the awesome site created here.

If was going to offer any opinion I do like the market aspect (which I need to check out more) and classified section I think is important. I know there's a lot of the crew out there hoarding parts for the apocalypse. Perhaps the user profiles could use a revamp. It does seem a little clunky when trying to build photo albums or update profile information, usernames and such.

Again, these are my humble plebeian observations. I will continue to mainline whatever information I can get from the sages of VYEF. I am eternally grateful for this oasis.

IG: @dirtybilly_bk

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 08 Jun 2018 11:24 #25

• Dfeustel
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
I am a new member to this site as well. I have only used the forums so far. I am very impressed with the site overall. I really don't know if anything needs to be changed. Just keep the awesome info flowing!

1970 AT 1
1972 JT 2
1973 DT 3
1975 GT 80

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 08 Jun 2018 14:32 #26

• Bobv07662
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
I do like to use the message section in addition to all the pertinent forums.
I wish the For Sale section was a bit more user friendly.
Thanks for all you do!
Bob Verhasselt

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 08 Jun 2018 23:21 #27

• apex
  • Content Contributor
  • Content Contributor
Jeez Mako this thread started in October and I'm sorry I missed it! I side with the majority of those who have responded. Forum, messaging, Tech library I use the most and would struggle without! Thanks for everything you do, I can only imagine the work behind the scenes...Oz behind the curtain!

Allrighty Then
Last Edit: by apex.

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 10 Feb 2019 17:53 #28

• Makotosun
  • Makotosun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
  • Admin is in the House!
Lots of good feedback. Thank you!
The forum and Tech sections will always be the core of the site. Those were the main reasons this site was created. The PM function is not working as I would like it, though it had great promise when first looked at. The old system, which looked a little more rudimentary actually is probable where I will end up.
The "Social Network/Facebook" like features were really an experiment which in reality have taught me a ton of what DOESN'T work with a membership with an average membership age north of 50! I have run into the same response in the Hodakan world.
Reorganization of the site is somewhat necessary due in great part to the growth we have seen. As far as hobbyist sites, this one has really grown in size. We host our own photos, which is part of the problem, but a feature I really want to keep. I don't want to see another photobucket fiasco for our members.
When I get to the major updates, the site will most likely go offline for some short period, but there will be an informational page available to keep you updated so you will know we are just at work.

Mako
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Snglsmkr, darinm, Gr8uncleal

No Good Story ever started with a Salad . . .

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 10 Feb 2019 17:55 #29

• Makotosun
  • Makotosun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
  • Admin is in the House!
I may eliminate the current blog section as I don't have much time to use it, and it is a premium software that is not inexpensive. I will most likely go with a simpler "built in" version which will work fine for our needs.

No Good Story ever started with a Salad . . .

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 10 Feb 2019 18:09 #30

• MarkT
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
Thanks Mako, your efforts and dedication to making and keeping this site the BEST are greatly appreciated!

I just sent another (long overdue!) donation to help with the expenses a little... hopefully everyone that has downloaded manuals and received value from this great place will also consider sending a dollar or two.

:Buds
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun, Snglsmkr, Gr8uncleal

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
Moderators: DEETDevinEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminDman