facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
18 Feb 2019
Sorry - I had to take the site offline for about 15 minutes tonight. Emergency repair. Please review the Site Upgrade Post for more information which will affect you. It's all good.

TOPIC: Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 25 Oct 2017 12:03 #11

• asco
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
One of the things that sets this forum apart from other discussion forums - is the way that the members interact and how they treat each other.

This is so important that it cannot be over emphasized.

Respect is earned.

Today, HAS been a great day SO FAR ...

asco
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

YAMA-LAND RESTORATIONS
818-521-2109
MINIBIKESERVICE@AOL.COM CUSTOM MINIBIKE (RALPH) 2002 110cc XR PAX RACING 1971 125cc AT1-C (DOROTHEA) 1971 175cc CT1-C (BRANDY) 1970 250cc DT1-C (MONICA) 1973 100cc Hodaka Combat Rat (ABBY NORMAL) 1969 125cc AT1-M MX (DELILAH)
Last Edit: by asco.

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 25 Oct 2017 21:34 #12

• Steve F
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
I mainly use the forum, and occasionally the tech lib , pm function, & forum search.
Absolutely a ton of useful info on this site, love it....Thanks Mako !!!!

1974 DT250A, his
1974 DT250A, hers
1974 GT80A
1978 IT175E
1978 IT175E No. 332 -SOLD
"Is everything connected properly?"

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 26 Oct 2017 01:29 #13

• Jaydee
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
Hi

First of all a big Thank you for keeping this site going. The technical section, manuals and information and forums etc have been invaluable in keeping my 45 year old bike up and running. It would have been very difficult without this help.

As to the question:
"Do any of you use the "social" features, i.e. the Facebook-like sections. The user profile pages, the user photo pages, The user STREAM , The classified ad section, the events management, the messaging system, etc.?"

If it makes the site easier to maintain, faster and more user friendly:
I personally don't think its necessary for any of the above, as there are alternative ways to contact each other or to advertise etc.

Cheers
Jaydee

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 27 Oct 2017 07:40 #14

• monel12
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
First, thank you Mako, for all the work and advice you share.
I use the Forum, Tech Library, and PM: But PM very little.

1971 RT 1B
1971 RT 1B
1970 RT 1
1970 RT 1
1969 CT 1
1971 DT 1
1974 100MX
2016 BMW F700 GS
1982 Yamaha Towny
1971 CT 1
1975 DT400

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 30 Oct 2017 12:40 #15

• James Hart
  • Supporting Moderator
  • Supporting Moderator
I surf the site via the "New Posts" tab, then jump into the tech library when new stuff is listed and/or I need to find something specific.

...slowly rescuing ghosts of a 1971 CT1-C and a 1967 Grand Prix 350 YR1

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 30 Oct 2017 22:16 #16

• Swoop56
  • Collector
  • Collector
I mainly use the Forum , Tech Library . and occasionally Messaging and Classifieds .
I too would like to thank Mako for all his efforts in keeping this site running .

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 31 Oct 2017 04:45 #17

• MarkT
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
Features I use and like and use the most are the forum, tech library, search, and messaging.

I really love being able to upload photos and files without using a "third party" hosting site. That's one feature that sets this place way above the rest in my book! Search also works better than it does on most other forums.

I also look through the classifieds every once in a while and like them too... easy to forget they are there which is probably why they aren't more popular?

Anyway, a huge THANK YOU to Mako and the team that made this forum possible and keep it running! :Buds

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 31 Oct 2017 06:43 #18

• SlowPoke
  • Collector
  • Collector
I immediately go to "New Posts" almost every morning. I use the personal messaging a fair amount. I forget the want ads but I think they are important. I use the tech section and would miss it. I LOVE the photo insert function and I LOVE the people. Such a polite, respectful group.
I might suggest articles that address certain common issues with these bikes such as: Step by step timing and points adjustment, step by step crank seal replacement, step by step wheel lace up and trueing, step by step carb cleaning, etc.

"Creativity without control is merely chaos"
1977 DT250
2008 Kawasaki KLR650
2018 WR250R
Hammond Organ
Fender Bass

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 31 Oct 2017 23:56 #19

• Makotosun
  • Makotosun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
  • Admin is in the House!
Keep the feedback coming guys! Your input has made the site what it is today . . . OK I WILL take some credit for the gallons of late night oil I have burned . . .

The problem I am having is the site needs some serious overhaul behind the scenes, as there are some leftover code from things I've tried which are slowing down things and affecting some functions. The plan right now is to determine the most popular functions (the purpose of this thread) and rebuild accordingly. Rebuild is somewhat of a misnomer, as all site info for the sections we keep will be transferred. Also the forum software is going to stay, though the company has some cool upgrades in the pipeline!

I may go back to a simpler messaging system, keep the tech library (though it needs some rearranging and work) and I may go with a different document manager for the downloads.

Part of the problem is the site as configured takes up a LOT of storage space. I am looking at some options, but none are real workable. The large user galleries and the "social" sections also take a bit of overhead, and that software is really neat, but expensive and if not really used, just clogs things up.

In any event, there won't be too much change for awhile as I am in the process of building a brandy-new website for the Hodaka Club, modeled on this site, which will take at least a few more weeks possibly more. I will post up the link when it is ready, as there are a few Hodakans on this site as well. Considering creating a few additional sites centered on Vintage bikes and possibly something around the Suzuki DR650 - just because . . .

Teaser Photo . . .

Thanks for all of the feedback and support and rest assured the site will go on, just looking to make it stronger, faster and better!

Mako
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post: 1971DT250

No Good Story ever started with a Salad . . .

Looking for Site Feedback - PLEASE READ 01 Nov 2017 04:37 #20

• 1971DT250
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
I nominate you to be the keeper of the internet.( If Al Gore approves).

The hours spent riding my Enduros is not deducted from my life span.
Moderators: DEETDevinEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminDman