facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

enabling 3rd party hosting

• FrankC
  • FrankC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Solution Contributor
  • Solution Contributor

enabling 3rd party hosting was created by FrankC

I have been getting no pictures on some threads here, not all though. It says there to enable my account to accept 3rd party hosting. Not sure how to do this. Anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.
05 Jan 2018 13:27 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FrankC
  • FrankC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Solution Contributor
  • Solution Contributor

Replied by FrankC on topic enabling 3rd party hosting

Could not see the pictures of the skid plate just featured here recently. I would like to check those out. Need help, Thanks.

Edit- looks like an issue with phoyobucket, and not what parameters are set here. 400 bucks a year-ouch!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun
Last edit: 05 Jan 2018 19:01 by FrankC.
05 Jan 2018 16:44 #2

Replied by whymee on topic enabling 3rd party hosting

I have been on various forums for years. I have been using FB for years also. So has every one else. Paste a pic from FB & insert into a forum topic. Was the way to go until PB decided that they needed more revenue. I, like many others ( I assume) are not paying the ransom the 'bucket wants.

IF I remember correctly some forums did not even have an option to directly upload a photo to embed into their forums. This changed when FB decided to hold our pics hostage for 400 bucks a month. With this move millions of topics that had pics from the 'bucket were no longer available. What good is a "how-to" thread without pictures?

All the good old threads are now (almost) worthless... Hope this answered your Q.
1972 Yamaha LT2 100
1973 Yamaha RT3 360
1974 Yamaha TY250
2018 Husqvarna TC250
2018 Pitster Pro LXR190
1983 Honda CR480
1983 Honda CR250
1983 Suzuki RM250
2017 Yamaha FZ-10
1997 Honda PC800
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun, FrankC
07 Jan 2018 04:30 #3

Replied by Makotosun on topic enabling 3rd party hosting

I can tell you I was a photobucket user for years. Hundreds of photos hosted and embedded. I went there to retrieve my stuff and that was nigh impossible. They have removed their download your photos option.

I did locate a $2 extension for Chrome that did add a download option, so I have all my stuff, but to go and repair each thread on every forum is out of the question.

Hopefully, some of those threads will be redone. I have some a couple. Moving forward we host our own.
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: FrankC
07 Jan 2018 08:41 #4

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart