facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Reading Older Posts

• Dave The Wave
  • Dave The Wave's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Reading Older Posts was created by Dave The Wave

As a new member, I enjoy looking at pervious posts to see those that are of interest to me. I have been reading a number of pages every day. I'm up to page 80 but when I sign on I have to go thru page after page that I've already read in order to get to new material (for example page 81) Is there any way to proceed directly to an older page without having to go every other page (two at a time) until I reach my desired area? Some of the older posts have been a big help.
19 Nov 2017 19:51 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by TerryM on topic Reading Older Posts

If there are new posts to a thread since the last time you opened it, you should automatically be going to the first new post in the thread since your last visit to the thread. Once you have opened a thread, all posts in it are tagged as read, even if you haven't advanced through all of the pages of new posts.

If you are looking at threads that haven't had any new posts since your last visit to the thread, you will automatically go to the first post in the thread. You should be able to jump directly to the last page of posts on the thread and work backwards if you know you were near the end when you last quit the thread. Unfortunately, the short answer to your question is probably 'no'.

By the way, welcome to the zoo!
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Dave The Wave
19 Nov 2017 20:08 #2

Replied by Schu on topic Reading Older Posts

I am resurrecting an old post here because I have the exact same question, and the original poster didn't really get an answer. The only response ended with a "probably no" for an answer.

Is that true? There really isn't a way to go direct to a specific page in the middle of a popular post with a large number of pages?

Schu

CT175B, CT175C, JT1' JT2' DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
22 Oct 2020 14:07 #3

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Jack on topic Reading Older Posts

Try bookmarking the last page you are on and then using the bookmark to go straight to it when you're ready to get back to it.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, JayB
22 Oct 2020 15:53 #4

Replied by MarkT on topic Reading Older Posts

Once you're in a thread, the entire thread is marked "read". You can go to the Forums Menu > New Posts and then in the right side column go to the last post in the thread which is sometimes helpful.

If you're reading an 80 page thread and you want to save where you stopped or save link to a post you found useful, there is a way to do it that isn't too hard.

First, click on the post number at the upper right of the post.

This will jump your browser to this post... You can now bookmark this page in your browser and the thread will open on that exact post when you use the browser bookmark. Pretty slick. But you might load up your browser bookmarks.

Alternatively, after clicking on the post number you can copy the contents of the address bar and paste it into a word doc or wherever... and save it. Then when you want to visit that post, copy and paste the text you saved in the word doc back into your browser address bar. Example... The text I'm pasting below will take you directly to post #3 of this thread. (This forum is smart so it will be a hyperlink you can click on to take you right to post #3)

yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/how-...g-older-posts#115010
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: JayB, Schu
22 Oct 2020 16:49 #5

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart