facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Help needed withDT100A 1975 Restoration - Autolube pump question.

• markb
  • markb's Avatar Topic Author
I'm not sure where to post this question as new to this Forum, but here goes anyway.

I'm restoring a DT 100 trail and have a new question every time I touch something
First, this bike has 100TRAIL written on the side cover. Is this the same as ENDURO? I'm in Australia so maybe it was the local version of the Enduro but not sure?

Second, I'm checking the oil pump to resurrect it, and find the starter plate wheel doesn't turn when I crank the engine by pushing the kick starter. Should this make the oil pump work or does the engine need to be running to work the pump. If not,, what could be the problem, ie. what breaks in these pumps?

Hoping to find a DT100 A restorer in Australia or anywhere , who can help a beginner restorer !
Thanks. Markb
06 Feb 2017 02:56 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The "trail" designation was used, I believe, on most bikes NOT destined for sale in the US. I know the Japanese market carried that. So the ensure is they are the same, though there may be some other differing details.

Your oil pump will not show movement with one crank of the Kickstarter. I don't recall if the top plastic wheel moves at all when pumping, but the other end of the shat it is mounted on will move in and out as the motor spins. It does not move much at all, and will likely not be visible when kicked. Have someone h the throttle open while you manually turn the plastic wheel in the direction of its arrow, and you should be able to see the movement on the bottom.

Your best bet on an oil pump is our man DEET on here. He rebuilds them better than new.

Download yourself an owners manual from the tech section and read through the forum as you have questions. The bikes are fun and fairly easy to work on. We have lots of folks who will weigh in the help you. We have a number of Aussie members too!
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: markb
06 Feb 2017 04:29 #2

• markb
  • markb's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.. Ok will try this with the pump. Trail must have sounded more friendly in 1975.
Are workshop/service manuals also available here?
Cheers. Mark
06 Feb 2017 04:56 #3

Click on the tech library link up top! Lots of stuff in there!
IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
06 Feb 2017 05:52 #4

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart