facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bought a PowerDynamo

Bought a PowerDynamo 15 May 2019 06:44 #1

• meadeam
  • meadeam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
The last big ticket item I needed to spring for on the DT360 was to replace the original CDI ignition with restored or NOS original, or upgrade to 12v CDI. I ultimately chose the latter of the three. It should arrive in the next few weeks. If I get on a roll, that is enough time to finish the re-assembly up to that point. I've decided not to repaint the tins and tanks. I bought some patina preservation stuff instead. So only the frame will have been repainted, and of course the exhaust, which is Sleeper Pipe'd. Everything else is a 'soap and water' restoration.

No more excuses left.... I want to ride this thing.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Makotosun, MarkT, jims175

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1974 DT360
Fort Thomas, KY

Bought a PowerDynamo 15 May 2019 09:31 #2

• Schu
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
I took the same approach on most of my enduros. I left the tanks alone and refurbished nearly everything else. The tank condition speaks of their past life with dents and scratches.
As for your ignition, I changed my DT360 to points and condenser and love it. The bike started up third kick after sitting in my barn all winter. And it was around 45F that day. Both of my big bore bikes have been changed from CDI to points and I don't regret it for a minute.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: meadeam, liferbiker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Schu

"If it's possible to do it two ways, do it the other way first to save time"
  • Page:
Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart