facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: He's in-DEET-fatigable

He's in-DEET-fatigable 16 Mar 2019 02:05 #11

• Mauser
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
Send it back and get your refund, move on to more important stuff like your family and bikes lifes to short to bother over such a trivial matter.
Honest mistake on a part which is very old, it could have turned up all good but it didn't. Don't leave negative it's not worth it, the guys seems reasonable to me and it's very hard to describe a part to cover every possible out come ?.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RT2 ~ XR650R ~ DT175MX ~ ZX12R ~ XJR1300 ~ DT125LC ~ XR250R ~ XL125R ~ RD350LC ~ MT50 ~ GPZ1100

He's in-DEET-fatigable 16 Mar 2019 07:22 #12

• Mothersbaugh
  • Mothersbaugh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Collector
  • Collector
Can a moderator move this from the New Member Introductions forum to a more logical place? I did not try to put it here but went to the General Discussions forum to start it, and somehow it wound up here on its own. May have also happened to Rob with his 74 DT125/175 wiring problems? Then delete this single post once you move it, please.
Thanks.

He's in-DEET-fatigable 16 Mar 2019 15:47 #13

• rodent
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
You bought the item based on the info and pictures that the seller posted.........you own it.

He's in-DEET-fatigable 18 Mar 2019 21:51 #14

• Memorylane
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
My 2 cents on this topic,
1. DEET kicks ass! But I’m confused why he would suggest buying that pump? It looks terrible. But you buy what is available at the time so maybe it was the best option.
2. eBay is not what it used to be, I have been a member since 2001 with over 500 positive feedbacks, not a single negative. over half of which are as a seller.
There have been maybe 3 sales that the buyer wasn’t happy and I simply refunded the money and called it the cost of doing business, I never thought to push back, just not good business. So I don’t get the attitude of your seller.
3. eBay is not what it used to be!.... I’ve been a buyer for almost 20 years and in the last year I have been lied to and dicked around more than in the first 19!!
4. I believe that is why EBay has recintly changed the feedback policy to a “no fault to the buyer “ system. So If the seller really deserves it and gets a negative they can’t retaliate with a negative. I can see possible issues with this but overall I think it’s good.
The way I see it, he had nothing to loose by refunding your money, your covering shipping both ways, he looses the sale and now is aware the part is junk.......oh ya... wait a minute ..if he becomes aware that it’s junk then he does loose, and for making it pretty obvious that is what he’s thinking,.... he gets a negative from me.
That pump would not turn by hand in my opinion, and the gear and other parts in the pic are cleaner then the pump so “ we’re cleaned up for the pic” in my opinion he knew what he was selling.
My 2 cents....

My life is a hilarious series of wrong turns, and to quote bugs bunny “I should have taken a left at Albuquerque!”

He's in-DEET-fatigable 18 Mar 2019 22:15 #15

• Mothersbaugh
  • Mothersbaugh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Collector
  • Collector
1. DEET kicks ass! But I’m confused why he would suggest buying that pump? It looks terrible. But you buy what is available at the time so maybe it was the best option.

Absolutely correct, There were two on eBay at the time, and the other was much worse. And we agreed that looked like the better option. In the end, it was the handful of cleaned parts out front (or some, at any rate) that were used, and the body which needed the patch was from the pump I sent to DEET.

Thanks!

He's in-DEET-fatigable 23 Mar 2019 10:41 #16

• liferbiker
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
I agree he shouldn't have argued espicially as you offered to pay shipping both ways. But it was as is, I also was a business owner and like you, I also subscribe to the make customer happy, I slept well every nite, I would just not comment....

• Page:
Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart