facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Aftermarket Fuel Tanks??

Aftermarket Fuel Tanks?? 14 Mar 2019 09:20 #1

• Kayto
  • Kayto's Avatar Topic Author
Wondering if anyone has purchased of attempted to mount one the aftermarket fuel tanks that are all over E-Bay right now. They are advertised as replacements for a Honda CG125. Basic measurements look like it might work, my biggest concern being the rear of the tunnel, right where it would mount at the rear in front of the seat, placing the tank up to high off of the frame. Obviously a Chinese knock off, and quality is a crap-shoot, but for less than $50? I need a tank for my '74 DT250 A,
drawing me to look at these. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Aftermarket Fuel Tanks?? 14 Mar 2019 09:31 #2

• Pillsbury
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
I've put this one on a canyon bike I'm building. The metal is a little thin, but I've seen some other make stock tanks with the same thickness. I didn't like the spot weld on the rear tank mount so I re welded it. You may have to re position the front tank mounts to slip into your stock frame mounts. You may need to weld a mount for the rear on your frame. I think the tank looks pretty good, make sure you use Coswell or some other tank liner.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1970 DT1-C Grand Prix race bike
1970 DT1-C Street tracker
1968 Honda CL90
1971 Honda Sl 125
1973 Honda CR250
1974 Honda MR-50
1966 Triumph Tiger Cub
1967 Moto Guzzi V700
1970 Suzuki TC90
1947 Mustang
Last Edit: by Pillsbury.
  • Page: