facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1978 dt250 loss of spark

1978 dt250 loss of spark 05 Dec 2018 20:28 #1

• kakon864
  • kakon864's Avatar Topic Author
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
So my dt250 was running fine and then I took it apart to re-seal the crankshaft, and now it has no spark after putting the magnito back together ( was off for a week or so). I cleaned the points, took off the condenser(in case it went bad out of coincidence) and made sure the timing is right. not saying this is the proper test, but if I hook a 6v with the positive to the primary coil output and the negative to the negative battery terminal I get a weak glowing (spinning over with a drill) whereas before(when it was running normally) it was good. I hooked the lower power side of the lighting coil up to it and I had sparks across the points, but only with the flywheel not all the way on, Once it is all the way on it wouldn't spark anymore. I can't recreate the spark now. The only thing I can think of is that my flywheel magnets are getting weak or the fact that I found a crack in one of the magnets( not sure if was there before).
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1978 dt250 loss of spark 05 Dec 2018 21:12 #2

• Delcowizzid
  • Novice
  • Novice
Did you line the stator plate up in the exact same place as where it used to be so the screws are in the same marks they made when fitted originally.the points have to open at the proper time as the magnet passes the stator to make spark
The following user(s) Liked this Post: kakon864

1978 dt250 loss of spark 05 Dec 2018 21:50 #3

• kakon864
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
Yes. It's in the exact same spot.

1978 dt250 loss of spark 06 Dec 2018 23:07 #4

• kakon864
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
Got it all sorted out, the points were just slightly too out of gap, so it wasn't sparking. Is all fine now :).
The following user(s) Liked this Post: FrankC

• Page:
Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart