facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Yamaha 1969 at-1

27 May 2019 02:26
Animal44
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Topic Author
Yamaha 1969 at-1 #11
Hi just thought I'd say it I didn't put those crappy Yamaha stickers on it I got the original ones that fix to the tank . I'll be respraying the tank anyway want to try to get the bike looking as good as new as I possibly can
Thanks
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2019 08:26 27 May 2019 08:29 by Mothersbaugh.
Mothersbaugh
Collector
Collector
More
Yamaha 1969 at-1 #12
Someone posted this a short while back; probably you missed it. Seems like something that would help. I copied it to my 69 AT-1 file myself for future reference...

I wrote down all the info as to wire colors and locations on the paper covering my late father's workbench one summer when I was at my mother's house, intending to use it right there on the bench the next time I was back at Mom's. But one of my brothers cleaned up and threw away the paper cover the next time he was home.
Moral of the story: never clean up.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post jasonsch

27 May 2019 09:21
Animal44
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Topic Author
Yamaha 1969 at-1 #13
Thank s for that picture ,I've just been looking at that myself online ,how weird,spooky even ,been trying to work out what the orange wire is for then bingo,it's the ignition wire .(I think ) lol

27 May 2019 09:42
asco
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Yamaha 1969 at-1 #14

Mothersbaugh wrote: Someone posted this a short while back; probably you missed it. Seems like something that would help. I copied it to my 69 AT-1 file myself for future reference...

I wrote down all the info as to wire colors and locations on the paper covering my late father's workbench one summer when I was at my mother's house, intending to use it right there on the bench the next time I was back at Mom's. But one of my brothers cleaned up and threw away the paper cover the next time he was home.
Moral of the story: never clean up.

Since the picture is date stamped I would assume the original author is Dave Rymal. Captain Dave.

a

YAMA-LAND
818-521-2109
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 1971 125cc AT1-C (DOROTHEA) 1971 175cc CT1-C (BRANDY) 1970 250cc DT1-C (MONICA) 1973 100cc Hodaka Combat Rat (ABBY NORMAL) 1975 DT400 (BONNIE BELL)

27 May 2019 13:02
Capt.Dave
Collector
Collector
More
Yamaha 1969 at-1 #15
Yep, my 69.
Capt Dave

27 May 2019 16:42
Mothersbaugh
Collector
Collector
More
Yamaha 1969 at-1 #16
Thanks for claiming. Never my intention to present it as my own!

27 May 2019 18:58
2fishkev
Open Class
Open Class
More
Yamaha 1969 at-1 #17
Yep. That picture has rescued many members, myself included. Got me spark after a month of struggle. Even had 3 manuals and a parts list. Not one drawing, picture, etc, to put things back together after 6 years. Thanks from me again.

28 May 2019 01:02
Animal44
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Topic Author
Yamaha 1969 at-1 #18
I can strip down an engine and rebuild it without a manual do pretty much everything on the bike I've done it loads of times but wiring always gets me don't know if it's the lack of patience for it or what it's a bloody nightmare it's so double dutch and yes I thank you capt dave for the picture too all you need to do now is come and do the wiring for me lol

29 May 2019 00:22
liferbiker
Collector
Collector
More
Yamaha 1969 at-1 #19
Points in your pic look dirty, you've cleaned & gaped them, yah?

29 May 2019 00:59
Animal44
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Topic Author
Yamaha 1969 at-1 #20
No not done anything to the points will be renewing them along with new spark plug trying to sort out the wiring first just need to wire up enough to start her up /lights and the rest I can wire up later main thing is to start her up (fingers crossed ) looking at the diagram and then mine looks like there's a wire or two missing on mine what you think guys
Attachments:

Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart