facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

New owner of a CT3

12 May 2019 07:55
HRJ337
More
Topic Author
New owner of a CT3 #1
Actually I‘m new to just about all of it, but very excited to be involved. I rescued my 1973 CT3 from an uncle whose brother was the original owner and I managed to keep the bike in the family. The most rewarding thing so far has been teaching my two sons to ride on this, and seeing them ride a motorcycle for their first time. Both were really excited to learn an important new skill, and my younger son simply could not wipe the smile off of his face while he was riding. This has been awesome for all of us.
I plan to post a few of things we needed to do to get it running and the replacement parts I needed, and then some of my ongoing concerns. A few photos as well. Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 May 2019 09:20
Oldbikenut
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
New owner of a CT3 #2
Welcome from another Newbie here. Teaching my daughter to ride was such a fun experience for both of us! I still remember my father going through all the things I needed to know before my first ride, I still wiped out but it was great!

12 May 2019 10:06
HRJ337
More
Topic Author
New owner of a CT3 #3
Ok, here are a couple photos
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post darinm

12 May 2019 10:55
Schu
Open Class
Open Class
More
New owner of a CT3 #4
Very nice! That's my favorite year for the 175. Back when that bike was new I was riding an F7 Kawasaki 175 and my friend bought the exact same bike you have. It amazed me how much more throttle response the Yamaha had compared to my rotary valve F7. But my Kawasaki would walk away from him at wide open throttle. If remember correctly, my F7 would sneak up to and just beyond 70 mph. It had a basani expansion chamber that had a sound all its own. Thanks for the memories!

Schu

"Someday, you'll own a Yamaha"

Moderators: yamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart