facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1969 Yamaha at1

1969 Yamaha at1 15 Apr 2019 11:17 #1

• Animal44
  • Animal44's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice
  • Novice
Hi guys I hope you're all having a nice day this is my first post so be gentle
I have a Yamaha at1 1969 I got it in a load of boxes in pieces and so far I've managed to rebuild the engine and resprayed the frame fitted the engine in managed to get two new wheels and tyres and fitted them side stand headlight few other bits now the question is both engine and frame numbers do match but how do I get hold of the original number plate details.can anyone help me please ,thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1969 Yamaha at1 15 Apr 2019 14:56 #2

• RT325
  • Collector
  • Collector
Hi & welcome from NZ. Can't help in respect of the plate but just great you're restoring an original AT1. Have one myself from 1970 white tank but ya wouldn't want to see it lol as she's rough 'as' but runs great. Been in the family since around "75 as a trade in at work & i probably assembled it new out of the box for a local farmer. Looking forward to seeing pics of yours as the build progresses. Oh, by the way, ours is kick start magneto ignition where i'm guessing yours is electric start/ plus kick of course. We had both here but kick was more common. Mine's since grown a 175 top end but that's another story. Is a video somewhere up here of it running albeit rattling. Cheers.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Animal44

1969 Yamaha at1 15 Apr 2019 15:03 #3

• DEET
Are you looking for one of these? If so, I make duplicates of them. But only if it originally came with one. These were for the USA. There is another type for non-USA models.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Animal44

Yamaha@nc.rr.com

Where the Yamaha Enduro is still a current model...

1969 Yamaha at1 16 Apr 2019 00:27 #4

• Animal44
  • Novice
  • Novice
Hi guys thanks for the replies ,mine is kickstart magneto not sure about electric start yet though I still got a few boxes of bits to get through yet mine is also white tank/mudguards.ill get some photos done and put them on here later not much to look at but we all got to start somewhere .i did get the original service manual and another book with it aswell so that should help with any problems I come across but now I found this website I have a place to go for help when I get stuck .ive just got the seat recovered so that's looking good and managed to find a new exhaust.im hoping to restore it to its former glory can't wait to get to hear the engine turn for the first time it hasn't been started since 1985 which is why I decided to overhaul and rebuild the engine completely .thanks for the replies .Dave .

1969 Yamaha at1 16 Apr 2019 00:57 #5

• Animal44
  • Novice
  • Novice
Hi guys,I was told that I can use parts from the old dt 125 if needed is that right ? I'm going to try my hardest to keep it original using only original at1 parts there is a lot of spares online so should be ok just means ordering them from the states which isn't a problem .just time consuming and bit expensive when you have to add shipping on top .but I'll get there hopefully in this life time lol .ive always had bikes and learned the mechanics side by doing all the work myself with a little help from a manual and remembering what I took off and where it goes back I've restored a few over the years best one was the old fizzy I got some pics somewhere that is in wales in someone's garage of private collections of old bikes from his youth that was restored to like brand new when finished anyway stay safe and look forward to hearing from you soon .Dave .

1969 Yamaha at1 17 Apr 2019 10:29 #6

• Animal44
  • Novice
  • Novice
Hi guys here's how far I got so far with my bike don't look like much but considering that it was all in bits mixed up in 4 boxes not done to bad the bike is white but had to get a replacement headlight and brackets as original ones were to rusted but I will spray them white later thanks .Dave
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Super90

1969 Yamaha at1 17 Apr 2019 14:58 #7

• RT325
  • Collector
  • Collector
Expanding your pics shows yours is the Electric Start model as can see the generator. They all have kick start as well of course. Therefore yours is 12 volt DC everywhere. What part of the world are you in. Cheers.

1969 Yamaha at1 20 Apr 2019 01:23 #8

• Animal44
  • Novice
  • Novice
Hi RT325 .
Thanks for the information regarding my bike all information is greatfully received and regarding the question to where I am ,I live in Essex England ,where are you from if you don't mind me asking .
Cheers Dave

1969 Yamaha at1 20 Apr 2019 01:46 #9

• Animal44
  • Novice
  • Novice
Sorry just read your other post your a kiwi or is that not a polite term apologies if it's not you'll have to send me a pic or two of you're at1 bike.as you can see I got a long way to go yet but will post as I get on bit hard to find time at the moment with work and working on me house but I'll keep you posted as and when I get a bit further each time.would it be ok to add you as a friend I think you're background with the bike could prove very helpful with the rebuild would be a bit like we were restoring it together but on opposite sides of the world not many people can say they've done that lol .thanks Dave

1969 Yamaha at1 20 Apr 2019 05:05 #10

• RT325
  • Collector
  • Collector
Hi, yep Kiwi is all good. Call me whatever ya like just don't call me late for dinner lol & talking of Essex--my Auntie had an Essex Super 6 1929 in about 1955, so i was about 9 years old but loved that car lol. Now i want one. Talking AT1 so far as restoration goes there's a lot of very clever guys on here from around the world so will be plenty of advise when needed. I'd be hopeless --Lazy--on resto's but have my good days on sorting technical issues as they arise--which is what i like doing or trying to do--as do a lot of others on here. Cheers. ps, sorry, just had to add a random pic off the net of my favorite car from my youth, same color as my Aunt's.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT, 2fishkev

Last Edit: by RT325.
  • Page:
Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart