facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

New Accounts require admin approval

Due to a recent unauthorized access to the site, New accounts will need admin activation. We are sorry for this inconvenience. Register for an account, and an admin will review and approve your account in short order. our user security is our prime concern so this extra hurdle is necessary for a short while. Thanks for your patience. Mako

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New rider, new (to me) AT3!

New rider, new (to me) AT3! 09 Aug 2018 09:49 #1

• BeachBoy
  • BeachBoy's Avatar Topic Author
Hey everyone!

Just picked myself up a '73 AT3, got her running pretty well and looking to turn her into a beach-rippin' machine, so I'll be asking around the forums and thought I'd introduce myself. This place has been a huge help already in getting her smoothed out, but I know there's a long way to go.

I'm 29 years old and handy with a wrench, though by no means a master mechanic. This is my first foray into motorcycles and 2 stroke engines, so we'll see what happens! If anyone has any suggestions for performance improvements, I'm all ears. Looking to do the 125-175 top end conversion eventually, but I've got a few oil seals to replace first.

Anyway, 'nough rambling', see y'all around!
PS: Her name is Rita.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post: meadeam, ValleyLlama

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by BeachBoy.

New rider, new (to me) AT3! 09 Aug 2018 12:19 #2

• Mothersbaugh
  • Collector
  • Collector
Lovely Rita, AT-3!

(with apologies to the Fab Four)

New rider, new (to me) AT3! 09 Aug 2018 19:40 #3

• Redfro
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
Awesome bike. The 175 top end is the way to go, but just know your electric start is going to struggle to turn it over. Once tuned, kick starts are easy. I have a at2 that I'm always tinkering with. Check you charging system and focus on the mechanics. The rest is easy.

• Page:
Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart