facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: identifying my bike

identifying my bike 10 Jul 2018 14:38 #1

• juanitadarling
  • juanitadarling's Avatar Topic Author
hi all i am hoping someone can help me. and be patient because i'm techno / computer challenged. i live in guatemala and bought my bike for about $250 from a roadside attraction. looked to be in original & complete in very good condition with just 1 small scratch on the tank for about $250 dollars. it had no plates or papers - figures. that's why it was cheap - the seller sold it as a "decoration". i did a title search in guatemala - it was never registered here. i did a stolen bike search for the USA: not stolen. i have figured out that i can get registration & plates from vermont & then import & title it here. problem is -- i was told it was a 1972,, the VIN # on frame & motor is AT! - 143187 which corresponds to 1971. the original color is Mandarin Orange ( what caught my eye while driving by !! ) which corresponds to 1972. what year is it ? i did have to buy a brake/taillight which matched a model from 1969. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

identifying my bike 11 Jul 2018 06:56 #2

• RT325
  • Collector
  • Collector
If it's "72 it'll have reed valve inlet which started in "72 with AT2 [or CT2 if 175] DT2 if 250 etc. "71 will still be piston port inlet on all models. Trouble is, they use AT1 numbers [ct1-dt1-etc] all the way to "73, just to make life difficult [confusing]. Pic would be great sometime--we love pics lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart