facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Another from Denver, CO.

Another from Denver, CO. 11 Aug 2017 19:10 #1

• max.julien
  • max.julien's Avatar Topic Author
Hello I'm Max, as you may see from my terribly creative username.

I'm 18 and I stumbled upon this forum when I was looking for information on a bike I was then looking at buying. Not long afterwards I made the purchase, my first motorcycle, an 82' DT100.

I love this little bike and Ive had a great time this summer riding it and wrenching on it, so much so that while I first joined this site in March 2017 I'm only just now getting to making this post. There's still plenty of time until winter comes, and plenty more riding to do but I am now looking to the future and looking to learn more about my DT and what I could do to make her even better.

More about me:

I have a love for all motorcycles but especially those with knobby tires. I'm a part time professional textile designer working in the western wear industry (oddly enough I don't yet own a pair of snakeskin boots or a country music album). I am now also a full time art student, which means my wallet is rapidly evacuating its content into the void and also that I'm always willing to help on little art jobs here and there (logos, t-shirt designs, posters, etc.). I hope to be pretty active around here in the coming months, I look forward to talking to you all soon.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Makotosun.

Another from Denver, CO. 11 Aug 2017 19:32 #2

• RT325
  • Collector
  • Collector
Hi & welcome from way down under in NZ. Just an observation & might be wrong [all the time according to wife] Front guard looks back to front & i'd hate to see the knobbly tire grab the guard & endo you. Bike looks good though & are a great little bike with smaller wheels than the older models "16 or "17 if i'm thinking right. Cheers. ps, can't remember being 18 lol & was about 21 in my profile pic in "67.

Last Edit: by RT325.

Another from Denver, CO. 11 Aug 2017 22:02 #3

• max.julien
  • max.julien's Avatar Topic Author
You're right about the guard I've fixed it since the pics were taken the previous owners made some interesting choices as you may be able to tell from the MX100 tank. Thankfully the front guard thing was never catastrophic just rubbed a bit when the forks compressed all the way.

Being 18 actually makes me feel a bit old particularly for this bike I'm tall and those little wheels and low bars are causing me some issues, wish I got into this hobby a bit younger.

What's the bike your 21 year old self is on?

Another from Denver, CO. 12 Aug 2017 01:44 #4

• RT325
  • Collector
  • Collector
Rickman built twin cylinder 500 Triumph Metisse same as this random pic off the net except mine was red.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Another from Denver, CO. 12 Aug 2017 08:52 #5

• gnarshark23
Welcome max,

Bike looks great, I got to rip around on one of these when I was younger as well (I'm 32 now) and currently working on building a 1970 Dt1. I had heard great things about this forum as well and I've already received some help in finding what I need from RT325.

RT325 that Triumph is amazing.

• Page:
Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart