facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

175 enduro

• Ralphlauzon
  • Ralphlauzon's Avatar Topic Author

175 enduro was created by Ralphlauzon

Just got this last week has a bad carb jet was frozen in place and previous owner messed it up trying to get it out. Are the zoom zoom carbs any good I see on eBay?
13 Oct 2021 14:18 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RT325 on topic 175 enduro

Had to google that & try n work my way to this page which says sold out so must be good--or not. If you're talking pilot jet which is often a problem, i'd just try & poke a very small strand of wirebrush or something strong--acupuncture needle i saved on a visit once haha. & see if it'll go through & out into the venturi then blow it out & carry on. Important part of the jet is right up top where it seats. Might have cross holes for air i think but anyway straight through is important. Can if necessary just tidy up what you can see so long as there's a hole there leading to the metered bit at the top end.
zoomzoomparts.com/collections/yamaha-gt/...yamaha-dt-125-carb-f
Last edit: 13 Oct 2021 17:11 by RT325.
13 Oct 2021 17:05 #2

Replied by apex on topic 175 enduro

Save yourself many wasted hours of time and frustration & clean the carb you have. Check the Tech Library on this forum to see how it comes apart, get yourself some brakeclean or Berrymans dip or your preferred cleaner, and use the wire of a twist tie, lots of compressed air, & patience to clear orifices. "Clean your carb, and clean it again."
Allrighty Then
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Rick C.
13 Oct 2021 21:18 #3

Replied by adguy2112 on topic 175 enduro

If he stripped the jet trying to get it out, I’ve done that myself in my younger days Pretty sure I carefully drilled it partway through and used a small easy out bit. I’m super careful these days. May be others with better advice on how to extract them. 
13 Oct 2021 21:33 #4

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart