facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

New Guy from Muscle Shoals Alabama

Replied by Pete-RT1 on topic New Guy from Muscle Shoals Alabama

I think the recommendation is to use the seal from an IT175.
I can't remember the specifics but as you say MarkT will most likely confirm.
Yamaha RT-1
Yamaha CT1-B
Yamaha CT1-C
Honda XR250
25 Apr 2021 16:01 #31

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tennbamaman
  • tennbamaman's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by tennbamaman on topic New Guy from Muscle Shoals Alabama

Thanks a lot folks.  I have not ordered anything and i will be patient.  I surely want to order whats best for the job and order anything pertinent at the same time.  I promise, i still have plent of things to keep me busy with this project, lol.   Its fun and im enjoying it.  Gas tank, clutch, etc etc, lol.  My wife says im possessed loly 
25 Apr 2021 16:57 #32

Replied by Mothersbaugh on topic New Guy from Muscle Shoals Alabama

"My wife says im possessed"

Tell her that's the way we like it.
Next thing you know, you're an ENDUROHOLIC!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

25 Apr 2021 18:10 #33

• tennbamaman

Exactly, lol.  I have not heard anything else so i guess i will proceed with the right side oil seal that the parts list calls for.  I have the slutch plates and springs out and i will measure those to ensure they are in spec.  I have not took the nit off to remove the clutch basket and or the clutch boss.  I do not have the special clutch tool, nor the size socket needed.  Someone said it might come off with just an impact tool.  I dont have that either but i can borrrow one.  I guess i need to buy a larger metric socket set, lol  I feel confident that after i get that new seal in, it will run much better. 
26 Apr 2021 07:26 #34

Replied by Pete-RT1 on topic New Guy from Muscle Shoals Alabama

I might have given you the wrong information there.
I did a quick search and found one of Mark's posts, the clutch side seal is the same on the IT175 and AT1C, it's the magneto side seal that gets upgraded by using the IT175 seal.
I think the seal you need is 93103-28011
Yamaha RT-1
Yamaha CT1-B
Yamaha CT1-C
Honda XR250
Last edit: 27 Apr 2021 11:51 by Pete-RT1.
27 Apr 2021 11:50 #35

• tennbamaman

ok thanks, thats the number i had as well. Im going to get it ordered. Thanks a lot
27 Apr 2021 11:56 #36

Replied by MarkT on topic New Guy from Muscle Shoals Alabama

Yes, clutch side is a good dual lip seal stock.  Ignition side is the one you want to use from 77-79 IT175.
1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post: darinm, Pete-RT1
27 Apr 2021 13:00 #37

• tennbamaman

Ok thanks to all.
27 Apr 2021 17:33 #38

• tennbamaman

My new right side oil seal should arrive any day now.  As a sanity check i need to ask you experts a few questions. Big Nuts are loose and will remove clutch basket only when im ready to put new seal in.  Then its right back together with everything.  My seal is completely pushed out so i will not have to use pick and or screw to remove. I will not have a visual gage of how far it seats in the recessed hole.  Leaving out eh little steps below is the plan.

1.  Will a deep socket work to seat the new seal?  Will i be able to tell when i have it firmly seated?
2.  I Will reinstall everything right back as is and prepare for clutch plates.  Can i tighten the big nuts back up with electric impact wrench after i manually tighten them by hand?  It is what i used to get them loose.  I do have a regular torque socket but no holding tool.
3.  Clutch - per previous reccomendation i do not plan on putting rubber cushions back in.  Fiber will be first to go back in and metal will be last plate put in closest to the pressure plate, Correct?  Its exactly how they came out.  Parts diagram is confusing and based upon other articles i read its wrong. 
4.After push rod and pressure plate and springs are reinstalled i plan to grease both sides of the gasket and reattach the right side cover alternating and not torquing anything all at once
5.  Fresh oil and reattach tach, oil lines, carb, etc etc. 

I know im leaving out many basic little things but other than putting it back the way i found it, am i missing anything major?  Is there anything else i need to be aware of? 
The clutch was stuck but it was freed up prior to taking clutch side off.  Lever was hard to pull but someone advised it was probably on the other side.  Another project later on i guess.  It pulls very easy without plates and pressure plate installed.  Taking apart and reinstalling may help that as well.

Thanks in Advance for any guidance
04 May 2021 13:13 #39

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart