facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Yam IT 465 gears

31 Jul 2020 22:59 31 Jul 2020 23:04 by bondy.
bondy
More
Topic Author
Yam IT 465 gears #1
Hello first post Am rebuilding a IT 465 engine how do I find Neutral? Also how many shims should there be in gear cluster I can only see 1 and I need to know where it goes as it fell out and Am unsure where it goes thank you. Sorry for got to say am from the UK Liverpool

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jul 2020 23:43 31 Jul 2020 23:47 by Gr8uncleal.
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Yam IT 465 gears #2
Welcome! from Salisbury.

I lived in Hunts Cross, near Woolton, many, many years ago!

The Antipodean contingent will chime in with an answer before they go to bed, or the US folks will when they wake up!

01 Aug 2020 04:04
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
Yam IT 465 gears #3
Welcome. This link is good to view the general layout of the gearbox & everything else. I'm not sure what you mean so far as finding neutral goes?. If you have it in bits it wouldn't matter what gear it's in when closing up the center cases because if all selectors are in place & all the gears where they should be on the shafts then that's how it is to be able to run through all 5 gears plus neutral when fully assembled. With the gears & selectors in place in just one crankcase half you can watch them engaging in each gear plus neutral as you run it through all 5 gears. You'll have to turn one of the shafts a little for the dogs to engage with the opposing gear as you go from gear to gear.
www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/yam/50...c786ba0/transmission

www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/l/yam/50...95/1981-it465h-parts

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart