facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Motor mounts

18 Jul 2020 09:19
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Motor mounts #11

MarkT wrote: Shipping from UK to US is much more reasonable than US to UK. No customs charges either.

I spent about a week near Ipswitch years ago... nice area. Loved it there.

You be an honorary "Tractor Boy" then!! :ROFLOL :ROFLOL :ROFLOL

tractor-boys.com/forum/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jul 2020 09:45
MarkT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Motor mounts #12

Gr8uncleal wrote: You be an honorary "Tractor Boy" then!! :ROFLOL :ROFLOL :ROFLOL

In the general area... possibly a bit northwest... there was a private estate with a steam-powered carousel, a small steam train ride (train was small, ride was quite a distance and went around the whole property) , and a locomotive museum.

Spent some time in Norwich, Cromer, Newmarket, Bury St. Edmunds, Cambridge, Birmingham, many other towns and villages in the area, and of course, London.... Spent a day in Greenwich visiting the observatory and museums there. Arguably the best month of my adult life! Every day was a new adventure.

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250
The following user(s) Liked this Post Gr8uncleal

18 Jul 2020 10:24
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Motor mounts #13

MarkT wrote:

Gr8uncleal wrote: You be an honorary "Tractor Boy" then!! :ROFLOL :ROFLOL :ROFLOL

In the general area... possibly a bit northwest... there was a private estate with a steam-powered carousel, a small steam train ride (train was small, ride was quite a distance and went around the whole property) , and a locomotive museum.

Spent some time in Norwich, Cromer, Newmarket, Bury St. Edmunds, Cambridge, Birmingham, many other towns and villages in the area, and of course, London.... Spent a day in Greenwich visiting the observatory and museums there. Arguably the best month of my adult life! Every day was a new adventure.

Did you get to ride any bikes whilst over here?

My brother in law (ex pro jump jockey) works for the Godolphin racing stables in Newmarket.

18 Jul 2020 11:10 18 Jul 2020 11:11 by MarkT.
MarkT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Motor mounts #14

Gr8uncleal wrote: Did you get to ride any bikes whilst over here?

My brother in law (ex pro jump jockey) works for the Godolphin racing stables in Newmarket.

No riding.

I spent two weeks exploring London at the invite of a British friend met here in the US who went home visiting her family. Used the tube and trains to get around. She had "connections" in London and got us into the most incredible upscale invite-only party held at Scala in King's Cross. It was a celebrity costume party. Our picture was taken by a magazine photographer who liked our costumes and was intrigued that I was from the States so I might have even had some of my own "15 minutes of fame". (If photo was used, likely I was airbrushed out... Cheryle was the stunner.) :ROFLOL

I did visit Newmarket as well. Funny that you mentioned horses... my time in the Midlands was spent with a friend from the US who was so into horses she left here to follow her aspirations there. She went through all the certifications and eventually taught dressage and jumping at a ritzy private school. (Did you know you need to pass a difficult test just to be authorized to muck out a stall?) For that part of the trip I was chauffeured around the Midlands in a Volvo Estate (estate = station wagon in the US).

I hope to get back to England someday... a month there wasn't long enough.

(Apologies for the thread hijack Jimmy!)

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250

19 Jul 2020 08:21
Jimmyboy
Novice
Novice
More
Topic Author
Motor mounts #15

MarkT wrote:

Gr8uncleal wrote: Did you get to ride any bikes whilst over here?

No riding.

I spent two weeks exploring London at the invite of a British friend met here in the US who went home visiting her family. Used the tube and trains to get around. She had "connections" in London and got us into the most incredible upscale invite-only party held at Scala in King's Cross. It was a celebrity costume party. Our picture was taken by a magazine photographer who liked our costumes and was intrigued that I was from the States so I might have even had some of my own "15 minutes of fame". (If photo was used, likely I was airbrushed out... Cheryle was the stunner.) :ROFLOL

I did visit Newmarket as well. Funny that you mentioned horses... my time in the Midlands was spent with a friend from the US who was so into horses she left here to follow her aspirations there. She went through all the certifications and eventually taught dressage and jumping at a ritzy private school. (Did you know you need to pass a difficult test just to be authorized to muck out a stall?) For that part of the trip I was chauffeured around the Midlands in a Volvo Estate (estate = station wagon in the US).

I hope to get back to England someday... a month there wasn't long enough.

(Apologies for the thread hijack Jimmy!)

It’s all good guys.
I used to have a warm blood and a thorough bred many moons ago

19 Jul 2020 12:36
Mothersbaugh
Collector
Collector
More
Motor mounts #16
Speaking of thoroughbreds, I was admiring MarkT for hanging with two different women in a foreign country in the same month! Here all I thought he did back in the day was immerse himself in the Yamaha way!

30 Jul 2020 14:29
john_sender@yahoo.com
More
Motor mounts #17
Does anyone know what those rear motor mount / rubber and metal cases guides are called? I tried ebay search of Yamaha DT360 mount mounts, motor mount bushings, and case guides with no luck. Is there a specific name or part number. I found a couple used ones but was hope someone making aftermarket ones. Thoughts ?
Thanks so much for your help !!

30 Jul 2020 14:50
MarkT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Motor mounts #18
They are listed under the cases. Yamaha still sells them new. Link below with part number you can use to search eBay.

www.partzilla.com/product/yamaha/328-15316-00-00

01 Aug 2020 09:34
john_sender@yahoo.com
More
Motor mounts #19
Thank you so much MarkT.. I was struggling to locate them !!

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart