facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

10 Jul 2020 18:28
upnorth
More
Topic Author
New Member #1
Hi. I'm Bob from Canada. Just purchased a 1975 DT400 about a month ago. It is in good shape but will need a bit of work before I put in on the road. I started riding when I was 12 years old. A Kawasaki KD 100 was my first bike. Started to race MX the following year on a KX 80. I won the title in my first year and went on to turn pro when I was sixteen. Raced the Canadian supercross and national series and raced in the Florida winter series. I bought a 1978 KM100 that needed very little work to make street legal. I ride that back and forth to work. It's a head turner cause it is such a small bike. Get lots of people always commenting on it. Have a 1977 KV 75 that I'm working on fixing for the kids. Also just got a 78 KE100 this year which is in good shape as well. The DT is my 2nd Yamaha (had a YZ250 that I raced for one season) I hope to get this on the road this year. I wanted something bigger that I can take the kids for a ride on. This has an extended 2nd rider seat. Not sure if that was an accessory or aftermarket part. Will post some questions on another forum with help questions. Thanks

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) Liked this Post Rick C., KennyV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jul 2020 18:37
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
New Member #2
Welcome from NZ down under. Interesting intro to read thanks. DT400 looks nice & i always wonder about those seats sitting back there & how it must affect the handling, depending on weight of course. But i dare say they're legal. KM100 is a neat little bike. Good motors those rotary valve ones.

10 Jul 2020 19:57
Swoop56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
New Member #3
Your Seat / rack Assy was a Yamaha accessory .

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart