facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

1970 at 1 To 175 plus reeds

30 Jun 2020 13:30
RacerClam
Collector
Collector
More
Topic Author
1970 at 1 To 175 plus reeds #1
I thouhjt you guys might like this project im nearing compleation for a customer . He is going to ride this bke to the tip of South Anerica . He wil be needing a bit more performance than the piston port 125. So he found a NOS 1972 175 cylinder that Im converting to V forcd reeds and a 34mm carb with 6 venturei dividers and a UFO and a intela jet system . Complete porting as well as addina case port that will enhance performance through out . And also fount a webco head , That Tom Pilsbury had . This wll run great , but a cruise contro would be nice for the loooooooog trip

Rich

racerclam

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) Liked this Post FrankC, Commando

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jun 2020 15:36
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
1970 at 1 To 175 plus reeds #2
Wow, where to start. Looks like 100mph standing still. One question--i see an open compression release hole which i only remember on our Farm AG175's. Was this a new Ag'y cylinder you've modified, or have you added that for softer starting. Also, is that devcon or similar build up where you've carved out for the case port. Will you weld up around there for the gasket to seal on. Or is my computer not showing it clearly in pic 1. Thanks for posting.

30 Jun 2020 18:23
RacerClam
Collector
Collector
More
Topic Author
1970 at 1 To 175 plus reeds #3
The Head is webco and comes with the extra hole and the customer has a aluminum plug for that . Weld not necessary for gasket seal I build up with LPS strong steel stick its better. I added torque grooves in head

racerclam

30 Jun 2020 20:27 30 Jun 2020 20:28 by FrankC.
FrankC
Solution Contributor
Solution Contributor
More
1970 at 1 To 175 plus reeds #4
Looks like it means business. That head with the torque grooves... Ah yah!

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart