facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Air fuel ratio?

29 Jun 2020 17:05
nick1993
More
Topic Author
Air fuel ratio? #1
Bought a 75 yamaha DT250. Ran great when i got it had 40:1 mixture ratio but it was suggested that i run 32:1. It smoked pretty bad and now it just kicks over and doesn't start. Ill be changing the plug and wire. But i did mess with the screws on the carb, and i was wondering if i put the screws all the way in, how many turns should i put the screws? I'm just confused because it ran great until i made the new fuel mixture and put it in. I Used Lucas Land and Sea s stroke oil. Made another post but forgot to include some info. Ill be replacing the plug, wire, and doing a fluid change. Any help is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jun 2020 17:16
turbodan
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
Air fuel ratio? #2
The difference between 32:1 and 40:1 is not significant enough to really affect fueling. 32:1 might be slightly smokier but with proper jetting you won't notice a difference.

Set the air screw at one and a half turns out and fine tune from there. The idle screw with the spring on it should be set where ever it needs to be to maintain appropriate idle.

I wouldn't mess with the plug wire just yet. Put a plug in it and see if you can get the carb sorted out.

29 Jun 2020 17:31
nick1993
More
Topic Author
Air fuel ratio? #3
Thanks really appreciate it. I'm new to this and any info is greatly appreciated.

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart