facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

No fuel getting to carb

03 Jun 2020 06:47
Chewy812
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
Topic Author
No fuel getting to carb #1
72 LT2 100... fuel not being pulled into carburetor. I cleaned out the upper part of the carburetor but not the lower bowl . Will this cause the fuel not to enter the carburetor ?

and still in search for a kick start Spline .. thanks for the info greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2020 07:01
yamahoper
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
No fuel getting to carb #2
Are you running an inline filter? I purchased a dozen paper type filters they would work for a bit then stop flowing with no visible dirt. I have since gone to the Walbro type (mesh). Also last week I had a float valve that was stuck almost shut. It finally freed up after starving itself for fuel a couple times.

03 Jun 2020 07:18
Chewy812
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
Topic Author
No fuel getting to carb #3
Thanks not sure what filter I have on .. I think it’s the original one for 72 lol... and I guess I’ll take the lower part of the carb and clean that up ... thanks

03 Jun 2020 09:42
Super90
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
No fuel getting to carb #4
Remove the fuel line and make sure it is clear. About 10 years ago My Honda S90 was acting like it was starving for fuel whenever I went wide open. I cleaned the carb, jets and made sure the needle and seat as well as the float level were good. Kept doing it till one day I barely made it home. I removed the fuel line (gray) and couldn't see through it at all. I sliced it open and it was like a clogged artery. That &%^$ ethanol fuel was the culprit. That was the last time I ran ethanol fuel in my bikes. I now use 93 non ethanol fuel and they love it. No more issues and yes, I run my S90 nearly wide open a lot. It doesn't seem to mind but 30 pounds ago it was faster! Good Luck.

03 Jun 2020 09:59
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
No fuel getting to carb #5
Also check seal on underside of fuel tank cap is ok.

03 Jun 2020 20:54
Chewy812
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
Topic Author
No fuel getting to carb #6
Took the card apart soaked it for a few hours found the main jet was plugged badly... put it all back together had to bump start it since I don’t have a kicker yet .. but fired up and took off ..

Only ran for a little since I don’t have a drain plug ...

Thanks agian gang
The following user(s) Liked this Post Gr8uncleal

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart