facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Point gap and plug gaps 1973 175 enduro

23 May 2020 13:42
Fl 1973
More
Topic Author
Point gap and plug gaps 1973 175 enduro #1
Need info on point and plug gaps. Had no spark and replaced coil and plugs. I got mag wheel off with puller that worked great. Cleaned rust off inside and cleaned points.. Wasn't bad bike only has 1,100 miles.I used a cover off a pack of matches to set points. I got spark not strong but got a couple of pops. Now plugs are wet. Not trying to start now. Keep looking for that electric start button. I wish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 May 2020 14:22
Mothersbaugh
Collector
Collector
More
Point gap and plug gaps 1973 175 enduro #2
Find the info you need in the manual you will find in the tech library, top tool bar above.

23 May 2020 16:05
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
Point gap and plug gaps 1973 175 enduro #3
Yep 14, tight 15 thou, not important at this point to be critically accurate re timing which is controlled by points gap but it'll be in the ball park. if you 'have' spark it should go unless flooded. & if you get it to fire & has a belly full of fuel then when it fires up don't hold it wide open but bring it up slowly--up n down bit by bit or you'll throw all that fuel up top & might just drown the plug. if plug wets up 'just wet' then just was/dry it off & no need to replace unless backed on & shorted out. Keep plug gap reasonable like 20 thou & not too wide.

Moderators: yamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart