facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

dt125 charging fix

24 Feb 2020 14:05
Kh500
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
Topic Author
dt125 charging fix #1
Ok, my 75 dt125 was not charging and the starter doesnt work. so, going through the power dynamo I noticed the starter windings were grounding out. But the charging windings connect to one leg of the starter windings, therefore grounding the charging windings. So I isolated the starter windings from the attachment block and hooked everything else back up and it charges like a dream 13 to14 volts. hope this helps someone in need. Any questions, I can walk you through some tests. TURN SOME CHAIN
The following user(s) Liked this Post MarkT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Feb 2020 17:21
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
dt125 charging fix #2
Wow that's the great & is the sort of information that really could help someone in a jam.

07 Mar 2020 17:01
DaveHunter
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
dt125 charging fix #3
In order to get enough torque to start the motor voltage is applied to both the starting circuit and the voltage generating circuit. Makes sense then if your starter isn’t working (shorted out ) it could take out the other and battery wouldn’t charge.
Easy solution disconnecting the connection between the two makes it a useable motorcycle again. Thanks for posting!

Moderators: yamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart