facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Carb mods

04 Jan 2020 14:29
FrankC
Solution Contributor
Solution Contributor
More
Topic Author
Carb mods #61
So like I said this was a mild Port job. It pulls the front wheel up throttle only in 2nd but not third. Still hauls the mail with a stronger mid range. Can't say on the top end power right now without a license. Now I'm thinking I need to check the oil pump output because I have very little smoke after it warms up. Sort of a light wisp.
The following user(s) Liked this Post Pillsbury

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Jan 2020 10:22 06 Jan 2020 21:53 by FrankC.
FrankC
Solution Contributor
Solution Contributor
More
Topic Author
Carb mods #62
Got the oil pump sorted out. bleed the line again and got a couple of bubbles and what I didn't do before is pull the cable for maximum pump stroke for 3 minutes at 2000 RPM to prime the pump. Forgot to prime it at all. Putting out good oil amount now.

11 Jan 2020 11:44 12 Jan 2020 18:52 by FrankC.
FrankC
Solution Contributor
Solution Contributor
More
Topic Author
Carb mods #63
So I had a base gasket leak didn't re torque my cylinder base gasket as I should have. Power slowly started ebbing out of it and I really didn't notice it until my idle started running erratically. Power back on baby! Got a good tip here on the forum from Pillsbury- Always retorque after 1st run in. Need to try a pipe on this thing. After honey Doo list I will try to sort the magneto wiring. I think my dc lights may have blown without the battery there as Pillsbury stated could happen, but so worth it for the enjoyment of the bike. I will try to fix them later on brother.

15 Jan 2020 12:23 15 Jan 2020 13:13 by FrankC.
FrankC
Solution Contributor
Solution Contributor
More
Topic Author
Carb mods #64
Got the magneto wiring sorted. What threw me off is my clymer manual shows 8 wires in the loom from the mag harness, one of them being the s/b (sky blue) wire from the neutral switch. The reality is there.are 5 wires from the stator and one s/b from the neutral. The wires going to the connection also lost some of their color.due to sun exposure. Did not blow any lights thank goodness except the neutral. But the signals don't work as they should, they flicker without a battery.

Moderators: yamadminDmanEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart