facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Mystery hole

29 Jul 2019 04:18
Animal44
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Topic Author
Mystery hole #1
Hi guys
Does anyone know what this hole is and what’s it for Yamaha at1 1969
Dave
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jul 2019 04:48
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Mystery hole #2
Afternoon Dave!

Looks like crank case vent/breather and you'll need the bung and hose as per the figure attached.

Regards.

Alan

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post RT325, Animal44

29 Jul 2019 04:52
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Mystery hole #3
And still probably available from Yamaha, or at least whatever the parts superseded to.

29 Jul 2019 05:22
Animal44
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Topic Author
Mystery hole #4
Hi uncle Alan lol,
Afternoon to you on this sunny day ,
You're a clever boy you are ,always seem to be straight in there with an answer not just that but a diagram as well I'm in ore I bow down with thanks
Dave

30 Jul 2019 00:39
Animal44
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Topic Author
Mystery hole #5
Morning Alan ,
Have you got all these diagrams in you're head and plug yourself in and download them on tap ,you're like a human computer see a question ,register it and out pops the answer and a diagram,just out of curiosity you don't print them out from you're bottom aswell do you ,lol
Sounds a bit like minority report with keanu , lol
Dave

30 Jul 2019 00:42
Animal44
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Topic Author
Mystery hole #6
I did find one though,old stock but new ,original at1 ,so gonna order that later when I get home from work today ,happy Tuesday have a nice day ,
Dave

30 Jul 2019 00:50
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Mystery hole #7
Morning Dave.

I have to admit that I was a bit wary of a thread titled "Mystery Hole", but then remembered what forum I was on!

Most of us on the forum have at some stage been through the process that you are going through. In my case it was missing parts and random wires on my RT2. All that I'm now doing is passing on either knowledge or problem solving processes that I went through.

Regarding the diagrams that I've posted, these are just copied and pasted from the CMSNL website. CMSNL are in Holland and Partzilla in the US are just as good (better for Suzuki). If you select on a specific part, they will also show what other bikes share that part. Parts diagrams and photos of original brochures can be very useful for seeing what goes where.

Hopefully I can get the complete front end back on my DT360A today.

Regards.

Alan

30 Jul 2019 01:02
Animal44
Sportsman
Sportsman
More
Topic Author
Mystery hole #8
Hi Alan ,it's good there is people like yourself who remember and retain info and where to find it and pass it on, yeah after I posted it I was expecting loads of people to jump on the band wagon and get a few non related bike answers lol.suprised I didn't ,good luck with the bike today you'll have to show me some pics of the bike ,thanks again
Dave

30 Jul 2019 01:22
Gr8uncleal
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Mystery hole #9
I was probably too quick in posting a sensible answer!

30 Jul 2019 03:58
ejwangelin@gmail.com
Mini Enduro
Mini Enduro
More
Mystery hole #10
Dave,
I have a non related question for you. I see a non populated hole in your oil pump i/o grommet in this case. I believe it to be the tank to pump feed hose opening. My question is , what is plugging the vacuum leak at the cylinder head from the hose connected to the oil pump? Just curious....
Earl

Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart