facebook1   youtube1   twitter1   instagram   linkedin1   pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Public Appology

16 Jun 2019 15:29
Steve F
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Topic Author
Public Appology #1
In my latest post yesterday, I used a term very loosely,(critics), and have since corrected that post with the editing proceedure..
My intent was not to offend anyone, I was looking for expertise on my seal install. No responses told me something was amuck. I can now only pray that there is as much forgiveness as there is expertise on this site.
Sincerly sorry to all,
Steve F

1974 DT250A
1974 DT250A
1974 GT80A
1977 IT175D "Alex'
1978 IT175E "Paul"
"And there ya have it"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jun 2019 17:40
MarkT
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Public Appology #2
Unfortunately I never saw your post before it was edited so can't comment on what you might have said... (I just read it a minute ago)

I've seen a lot of your posts though and I SERIOUSLY doubt you offended anyone here?

If you had, a moderator probably would have let you know.

The reason for not getting responses is probably more about people not knowing what to say... The seal is probably fine but if someone tells you that and it turns out not to be... well, you get it. Nobody wants to give bad advice especially if that advice could cause damage down the road.

On the other hand, advising to replace the seal again might just be a waste of time and money.

Bottom line is nobody really knows what to say! It looks fine but might not be.

Pillsbury gave excellent advice... pressure and vacuum test... If it doesn't leak it should be fine.

And/or only you know if the way the seal went in and looks is going to continue to bother you. If that's the case, then remove it and try again with a new seal.

GFrench has recommended using Windex to lube the outside of the seal (always use good grease on the ID of the seal). Windex is supposed to make the seal slide in easier but evaporates so the seal won't pop back out again.

In the last few years I've been using a thin coat of blue loctite around the outside of the seal... probably read about it here. Works great and the loctite helps seal the OD and lock the seal in place.

If you decide to re-do... What might work is cutting a piece of your pipe square and just the right length to use washers and the flywheel nut to "press" the seal in? (might have to add more washers a couple times as you run out of threads) Might be easier than trying to tap it in perfectly straight?

90% of this response should have gone in your other thread... oh well. :Buds

1963 YG1-T, 1965 MG1-T, Allstate 250, 1970 CT1b, 1971 R5, 1973 AT3MX, 1974 TS400L, 1975 RD350, 1976 DT175C, 1976 Husqvarna 250CR, 1981 DT175G, 1988 DT50, 1990 "Super" DT50, 1991 RT180, 2017 XT250

16 Jun 2019 18:59 16 Jun 2019 19:01 by mdscott.
mdscott
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
More
Public Appology #3

Steve F wrote: In my latest post yesterday, I used a term very loosely,(critics), and have since corrected that post with the editing proceedure..
My intent was not to offend anyone, I was looking for expertise on my seal install. No responses told me something was amuck. I can now only pray that there is as much forgiveness as there is expertise on this site.
Sincerly sorry to all,
Steve F

I never saw the post either, most here don't get there panties in a wad. No need to worry.
Ive done voice texting and sent really stupid stuff realizing after the fact what I actually sent. :Ugh
Ive also said dumb things here............... Good thing you can edit the forum stuff, DOH
:beerchug

Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'76 Bultaco 143 Frontera
'06 GL1800
'01 KDX220
'68 YG5T 80 Trailmaster
74 DT360
75 Norton
73 CB500K
63 C200
87 PW50
64 McClane Edger

16 Jun 2019 19:07
RT325
Collector
Collector
More
Public Appology #4
I feel deprived & wanted to be offended, now i can't find it lol. You're all good Cheers.
The following user(s) Liked this Post Makotosun, DEET, Snglsmkr

16 Jun 2019 19:36
Makotosun
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
More
Public Appology #5
No one complained - the delay may have been a lot of the regulars being otherwise occupied.

We’ll let you know if you mess in your nest.

IF it isn't one thing, it's another.
The following user(s) Liked this Post Steve F, Snglsmkr

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart