facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Prinzy carb help

Prinzy carb help 13 Jun 2019 22:03 #21

• Mothersbaugh
  • Mothersbaugh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Collector
  • Collector
That was my determination. Thanks for the second. And the third.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Prinzy carb help 14 Jun 2019 05:26 #22

• Prinzy
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
Wow you’ve been busy. Thank you. So what’s the deal with the different pilot jets? That part was confusing me. It had that long one in it from the beginning then I open the kit n see this little one what gives generic kit or something?

Prinzy carb help 14 Jun 2019 05:46 #23

• Mothersbaugh
  • Mothersbaugh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Collector
  • Collector
I have no idea what the PO was thinking when (s)he put that huge pilot in there. It is a #45, and the manual calls for a #25...nearly twice as big as it needs/wants. The #25 is standard, and that is the proper size (small, medium, large) that that carb uses. If the carb works for you when it gets back, great. If not, I'd get a real Yamaha/Mukuni jet in that size (#25), No. 1 in this diagram.
www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/1973/ct3/carburetor
The nozzle (No. 4 in the diagram) in your carb is correct, but the needle (No. 14 in the diagram) is not correct in your carb, nor is the needle from the carb kit. I'd buy a new needle as well, if the bike doesn't run well.
Real parts from Yamaha and Mikuni are the way to go; the Keyster kits...you never know what's in them.
I sent it off yesterday. Should be there Monday. Hopefully, you'll be in business.

Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart