facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CALIFORNIA DREAMIN 6

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN 6 14 Mar 2019 12:49 #71

• Rick C.
  • Collector
  • Collector

Meis wrote:
One point I would like to make...…
I have been to Cal City......have you ever been to Johnson Valley -Cougar Buttes?

Yep. been there. Had a buddy ( Named Dave T. ) that lived in Lucerne Valley For about 9 years. Me, my brother and my buddy Steve used to go riding all the time. Probably around 22 years since I have been,
Looks like we both need to give our prospective riding areas a better re visit look-see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN 6 18 Mar 2019 15:22 #72

• Meis
  • Meis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Collector
  • Collector
It looks like rain will be moving into So Cal on Weds and Thurs... and may rain again on the weekend.

Since this week was the original dates of Cal Dreamin 6....
it is good that the ride was re-scheduled for May 14th thru 19th.

Come on out and join us in May....it will be a glorious time

Let's see some of you who have never attended a ride make it out ?

There will be flowers... I promise

[/b]
Attachments:

"Get Sideways ".....Meis
Last Edit: by Meis.

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN 6 18 Mar 2019 15:34 #73

• GFrench
  • Supporting Moderator
  • Supporting Moderator

Meis wrote: It looks like rain will be moving into So Cal on Weds and Thurs... and may rain again on the weekend.

it is good that the ride was re-scheduled May 14th thru 19th.

Come on out and join us....we need to see some new faces !

Great move Dave on the new dates.... looks to be chilly and almost COLD on those overnight lows in both Lucerne Valley and Gorman this week!

Got say felt a little weird yesterday to not be on the Road heading to St. George for the night! 5 years of good habit I guess.

Cannot wait for May to get out and do some riding!

If it ain't smokin', it's broken!
1970 RT1 360
1970 RT1 360
1971 CT1 175
1971 DT1 250
1971 DT1 250
1971 RT1 360
1971 RT1 360 "Black Widow"
1974 DT 360
1976 IT 400
1978 XT 500
1980 YZ 465
1984 IT 490

Last Edit: by GFrench.

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN 6 18 Mar 2019 15:36 #74

• mdscott
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor

Meis wrote: It looks like rain will be moving into So Cal on Weds and Thurs... and may rain again on the weekend.

it is good that the ride was re-scheduled for May 14th thru 19th.

Come on out and join us in May....it will be a glorious time

Let's see some of you who have never attended a ride make it out ?

There will be flowers... I promise

[/b]

are those photos from Gorman?

Thanks Mark
Roseville, Ca.

'76 Bultaco 143 Frontera
'06 GL1800
07 DL650
74 DT360
75 Norton
73 CB500K
63 C200
87 PW50
64 McClane Edger

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN 6 18 Mar 2019 15:57 #75

• GFrench
  • Supporting Moderator
  • Supporting Moderator
Yep- and with all of your moisture so far this year... Colors should be amazing in May!

The following user(s) Liked this Post: MarkT

If it ain't smokin', it's broken!
1970 RT1 360
1970 RT1 360
1971 CT1 175
1971 DT1 250
1971 DT1 250
1971 RT1 360
1971 RT1 360 "Black Widow"
1974 DT 360
1976 IT 400
1978 XT 500
1980 YZ 465
1984 IT 490

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN 6 18 Mar 2019 20:02 #76

• Biknflyfisher
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
The pictures in post #72 were from the 2015 event, and the road we were on was on the way to Condor Mesa.
That’s me there on the IT490 and that was the first time I had the Blue Bomber out riding it in MANY years. I had just met everyone earlier that morning; and that was our first ride of the day.
I hadn’t even gotten my new riding duds dirty yet!!
Ahead of me is DVM, GFrench, Meis and Yamahopper. Every one of these boys can really ride...
That afternoon I rode quite a bit with DTDave and his son Arin - so sad that we lost Dave to cancer. He was a true gentleman and a very kind soul. Godspeed Dave.....
I hope to attend the re-scheduled event in May.
Brian the biknflyfisher

1983 IT490K; 2007 Yamaha FJR 1300,
2003 KTM 450exc
Too many fly rods,,,
Last Edit: by Biknflyfisher.

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN 6 18 Mar 2019 20:40 #77

• asco
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor

Biknflyfisher wrote: The pictures in post #72 were from the 2015 event, and the road we were on was on the way to Condor Mesa.
That’s me there on the IT490 and that was the first time I had the Blue Bomber out riding it in MANY years. I had just met everyone earlier that morning; and that was our first ride of the day.
I hadn’t even gotten my new riding duds dirty yet!!
Ahead of me is DVM, GFrench, Meis and Yamahopper. Every one of these boys can really ride...
That afternoon I rode quite a bit with DTDave and his son Arin - so sad that we lost Dave to cancer. He was a true gentleman and a very kind soul. Godspeed Dave.....
I hope to attend the re-scheduled event in May.
Brian the biknflyfisher

I believe it was two years ago March I drove up to Gorman and first met the Yama-Riders. They all fired up to go ride, by memory;

T Bone
Rick C.
Capt. Dave
Meis
A few others.

I went to sit in the Truck, closed my eyes just to get a little quiet time, and up walks a tall rider parked next to me in a Toy - Box type trailer. It gives me chills just talking about it. I got out of the pickup. He was very friendly, we walked over and looked at his 1974 DT 360. I didn’t know anything about those models two years ago. I think he said the bike in that condition could easily bring $3500+. The rest was pretty foggy in my mind. But, shit - howdy. I was blessed with personally meeting Mr. DT Dave, and I am glad I got the personal time to talk with him, even if it was only briefly.

God-Speed Buddy, this memory will never be forgotten.

Asco-Physics
Attachments:

YAMA-LAND
818-521-2109
MINIBIKESERVICE@AOL.COM 1971 125cc AT1-C (DOROTHEA) 1971 175cc CT1-C (BRANDY) 1970 250cc DT1-C (MONICA) 1973 100cc Hodaka Combat Rat (ABBY NORMAL) 1975 DT400 (BONNIE BELL)
Last Edit: by asco.

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN 6 18 Mar 2019 21:46 #78

• YZArin
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
asco, I am still trying to get over my dads passing but I know it will take years to do so. My dad was everything to me when it comes to him introducing me into dirt bikes when I was 7 years old...But I know he will be in my heart forever and I hope I didn't disappoint him when I sold the IT250 a week ago or otherwise, I will regret it for a while. But I am now the proud owner of two "modern" Yamaha YZ450's!Yay2 I am very bummed that I cant make it to the even this may.......damn you California for red stickers!!! :blush:

Dave Meis, if your reading this, I hope you would invite me next ride to Gorman after the one you do in March. I would like to introduce the two YZ450's to Gorman someday!:Throttle

YZArin

Last Edit: by YZArin.

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN 6 19 Mar 2019 10:28 #79

• Meis
  • Meis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Collector
  • Collector

YZArin wrote: asco, I am still trying to get over my dads passing but I know it will take years to do so. My dad was everything to me when it comes to him introducing me into dirt bikes when I was 7 years old...But I know he will be in my heart forever and I hope I didn't disappoint him when I sold the IT250 a week ago or otherwise, I will regret it for a while. But I am now the proud owner of two "modern" Yamaha YZ450's!Yay2 I am very bummed that I cant make it to the even this may.......damn you California for red stickers!!! :blush:

Dave Meis, if your reading this, I hope you would invite me next ride to Gorman after the one you do in March. I would like to introduce the two YZ450's to Gorman someday!:Throttle

YZArin

You got it YZArin !!! We will definitely do a ride when Red Sticker season opens :OnFire

"Get Sideways ".....Meis

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN 6 20 Mar 2019 16:04 #80

• Makotosun
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
  • Admin is in the House!
I'm thinking that post a few up about a new potential location in Flagstaff is really interesting. Not changing topic, but just thinking.

Once he gets relocated and can scout the riding venues - we would have a local guide, and a side trip to the Grand Canyon couldn't be bad!

You can tell a professional by the lack of wrinkles in his duct tape.
Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart