facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram linkedin1 pinterest1

NOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community! REGISTER AND MAKE THIS BOX DISAPPEAR!

Mid-Ohio Vintage days

• SKYDANCER46
  • SKYDANCER46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Mid-Ohio Vintage days was created by SKYDANCER46

Hi all,

Anyone going to Mid-Ohio vintage days this year July 23-25? Anyone have a swap meet space set up?  I haven't been down there in over 7 or 8 years. Thought i might go this year pending weather and time. 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: mtalley11
23 Jun 2021 15:11 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Schu on topic Mid-Ohio Vintage days

I haven't been there in four years, but I have also been considering it this year. Last time my buddy was racing vintage MX so it gave me other reasons to be there. It's easy to empty your wallet at that event. This one came home with me.

Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Devin, Steve F, SKYDANCER46, shyted, JayB, mtalley11, Sneezles61
23 Jun 2021 16:50 #2

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by Enduro nut on topic Mid-Ohio Vintage days

Me and my buddy will be going there for the first time, super excited!! Tempted to bring one of my bikes but i think ill wait until the following year. Any recommendations or advice on what to expect/bring?
23 Jun 2021 20:26 #3

Replied by JayB on topic Mid-Ohio Vintage days

I have been to Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid Ohio about 17 of the last 20 years.  You can certainly have a great time without bringing a motorcycle, especially if you don't mind walking a lot while watching everyone else ride around.

I try to bring a reliable bike I don't mind loading and unloading every day.  Something I don't mind getting muddy in case of rain.  You could ride around the track a few laps each day during the "laps for history" with a bike that is capable of 40 mph.  A Yamaha Enduro can be the perfect machine for mid-Ohio!

You could look at some youtube videos of people riding around mid Ohio to get a feel for what that experience might be like for you.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: Devin, Bigdog302, shyted, Pillsbury, Schu, Pete-RT1, mtalley11
Last edit: 24 Jun 2021 03:19 by JayB. Reason: Added a picture
24 Jun 2021 03:07 #4

• SKYDANCER46
  • SKYDANCER46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Replied by SKYDANCER46 on topic Mid-Ohio Vintage days

Schu,
Nice 76 175 Enduro! I always thought they look a little sleeker then the 75's. Harder to find too!

Enduro nut,

Yes, bring good walking shoes, a cooler full of cold drinks and money. You will see all kinds of things you will want to buy.  A small moped is nice to get around on or as JayB says, A yamaha enduro if your going to check out the whole area.  If it rains then it's one big mud fest!!  I sure hope the weather looks good that weekend. 
The following user(s) Liked this Post: JayB, mtalley11
24 Jun 2021 16:10 #5

Replied by Schu on topic Mid-Ohio Vintage days

I can't imagine NOT bringing some kind of scoot to get around the grounds. The place is huge. If you go, keep your eye out for this little GT80 being ridden by a 62 year old kid.

Schu

CT1B, CT1C, JT1, JT2, DT360A, GT80B, DT100B, DT125B,
DT175B, DT175C, DT250B, DT400B, Z50, SCR950

Someday, you'll own some Yamahas
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Steve F, shyted, JayB, Pillsbury, Pete-RT1, mtalley11
Last edit: 24 Jun 2021 16:29 by Schu.
24 Jun 2021 16:29 #6

Appreciate all the advice! i wanna bring my LT2 100 but thats "my baby" i have a special bond with that one and i like her kept safe in the garage lol but will see! I know if i bring the 74 250 ill never get off it lol! I got a purple mini bike that i need to throw a tube in the tire real quick and slap a motor in there so im thinking that should do just fine. When the event draws closer and should i decide to bring a toy ill post a pic on here in hopes of finding some of you guys.
24 Jun 2021 20:32 #7

Replied by JayB on topic Mid-Ohio Vintage days

Bring room for an extra motorcycle to come home with you?

I have gone there full some years and had to pass up motorcycles that I would have otherwise bought.

Here is the aftermath of one year that I found two $60 non-runner deals in the swapmeet on the last day.  I went to mid Ohio with two and came back with four Yamaha Enduros!  I had to remove handlebars and footpegs off of one to get them all in.  I would not have wanted to load and unload my riders every day with this crammed mess.

The following user(s) Liked this Post: yamahahaha, shyted, Schu, Pete-RT1, mtalley11, Sneezles61
Last edit: 25 Jun 2021 05:39 by JayB. Reason: removed a word
25 Jun 2021 04:51 #8

This message has attachments images.

That's awesome! you got me all fired up now! i been wanting a 175 preferably a CT model to add to my collection and some MX bikes of course lol. I can never seem to find a 175 and yet i always see people making posts about how they find them for nothing in the barns.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: SKYDANCER46, mtalley11
25 Jun 2021 10:12 #9

Replied by mtalley11 on topic Mid-Ohio Vintage days

Just got the 3 day camping pass for VMD at Mid-Ohio. Can't wait. Look for me tooling around on my 69 AT1. Was last there about 15 years ago and had a great time. Got a chance to meet Craig Vetter and had a chance to chat him up for a while. Unforgettable experience! 

The following user(s) Liked this Post: shyted, JayB
Last edit: 30 Jun 2021 10:48 by mtalley11.
30 Jun 2021 10:46 #10

Moderators: yamadminEnduronutMakotosunDEETVinnieDevinJames Hart