facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: continuing refresh DT1c 3 (I'll call it 4 73 motor)

continuing refresh DT1c 3 (I'll call it 4 73 motor) 02 Apr 2019 23:35 #1

• liferbiker
  • liferbiker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
first fit forks, rear fender & bars to approx Honda switches girth into lite housing, will not be putting regulator in there! Hate to, but a bracket will b welded on newly powder fresh frame, uug. I'll hide/weld behind horn bracket, it"ll get airflo as well. Deet gave me a price on a couple wires (y & gn.r) that are not on pirated Honda harness, rest will follow yam's colors pretty well, and all the oe connectors I'll need, VERY reasonable, thanks Deet! (mailing 2moro). The paint situation of "that silver" even though I think it needs more grey in it, is growing on me, unless motor (same paint) w/installed freaks me out, I can (even though just bead blasted cylinder/head (wanted old style natural aluminum look) I can offset painting black again, (flat though). Got a little run on fork headlight mount, should have left it! Colorsanding that red metalcast paint turns the shi_ black! And its hard ass paint to boot. My big head racker tinite is do I run wiring for turn indicators possible future install as Honda type switches have them? NAW, just decided, my KZ has turn signals, I'm good just using hand signals, as the compression release will be my safety "beeper", LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

continuing refresh DT1c 3 (I'll call it 4 73 motor) 03 Apr 2019 00:01 #2

• Gr8uncleal
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
To save a weld on the frame for the regulator, why not mount a small bracket on one of the existing bolts? I shall try and use the lower fork yoke clamp and I think that mauser used the horn mount.

continuing refresh DT1c 3 (I'll call it 4 73 motor) 12 Apr 2019 21:46 #3

• liferbiker
  • liferbiker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Open Class
  • Open Class
I also used horn mount for bracket

• Page:
Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart