facebook1 youtube1 twitter1 instagram google plus linkedin1 pinterest1

logosmallNOTICE:  If you are not a free registered member of the site, you will not see the photos in the forum, and you won't be able to access our premium member content. Please consider joining our community!

New Accounts require admin approval

Due to a recent unauthorized access to the site, New accounts will need admin activation. We are sorry for this inconvenience. Register for an account, and an admin will review and approve your account in short order. our user security is our prime concern so this extra hurdle is necessary for a short while. Thanks for your patience. Mako

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: armpit's RT2 Resto-Mod Scrambler

armpit's RT2 Resto-Mod Scrambler 09 Aug 2018 18:23 #51

• meadeam
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
NIce. As I sit here with a completely disassembled motorcycle, I often wish I'd just gotten it running and then chipped away at it over time. I was afraid I wouldn't do it though. Getting anxious!

The exhaust looks good. It will gel with the rest of the bike over time. The rust on the headlight bucket and ears looks cool; if you repaint those, you should do them in a rust color. It looks good with the silver and brown.
The following user(s) Liked this Post: THEarmpit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

armpit's RT2 Resto-Mod Scrambler 23 Sep 2018 18:54 #52

• THEarmpit
  • THEarmpit's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice
  • Novice
I've still been working to get the new garage all put together and organized, but the real delay on this build is that I got another toy... a 75 Datsun 620.

I've been looking for one for almost a year now and just couldn't pass it up when a friend told me they saw it for sale near me.
Goes without saying that my time to put into the yamaha is going to be a little less focused than it was before, but the more I have the bike in its current state the more I like it having a bit of an imperfect look to it, so this build might be done for now minus some lingering maintenance items. The weather is still great where I am so maybe plans will change when I'm ready for a winter project

Love hauling around the yamaha around!

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this Post: RT325, Rverbeck

armpit's RT2 Resto-Mod Scrambler 23 Sep 2018 21:21 #53

• Rverbeck
  • Sportsman
  • Sportsman
The bike is looking cool.
Love the Datsun 620, I had a 1972 Datsun 620 Lil Hustler when I was in high school and college. I loved that truck and learned a lot about auto repair as that thing broke down all the time. A small toolbox with basic hand tools behind the seat at all times, could fix just about anything that broke. Enjoy.

armpit's RT2 Resto-Mod Scrambler 24 Sep 2018 08:41 #54

• Pillsbury
  • Site Contributor
  • Site Contributor
Kool, i dunno man, I think your pipe looks good

1970 DT1-C Grand Prix race bike
1970 DT1-C Dirt bike
1968 Honda CL90
1971 Honda Sl 125
1973 Honda CR250
1974 Honda MR-50
1966 Triumph Tiger Cub
1967 Moto Guzzi V700

armpit's RT2 Resto-Mod Scrambler 08 Oct 2018 22:04 #55

• Isaac
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
Love this build man, great work so far. I am working on a '75 DT400 and want to install the TT shocks now. Can you post links where you got the pegs and seat?

armpit's RT2 Resto-Mod Scrambler 09 Oct 2018 07:35 #56

• THEarmpit
  • Novice
  • Novice

Isaac wrote: Love this build man, great work so far. I am working on a '75 DT400 and want to install the TT shocks now. Can you post links where you got the pegs and seat?

The seat isn't the most comfortable thing in the world, I wouldn't use it as an alternative to re-covering the factory seat if yours is still salvageable. But for the price ($30) it's really great.

Seat (brown, flat): https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Vintage-Cafe-Racer-Flat-Brat-Hump-Saddle-Seat-For-Honda-Suzuki-Yamaha/162844188681?hash=item25ea452009:rk:1:pf:0&var

Pegs: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-Footpegs-Foot-Peg-Rest-For-Pit-Dirt-Bike-CRF50-XR50-XRF70-CRF70/262406071728?hash=item3d189ee5b0:g:hgUAAOSw3mpXHw-N:rk:1:pf:0
The following user(s) Liked this Post: Isaac

Last Edit: by THEarmpit.

armpit's RT2 Resto-Mod Scrambler 10 Oct 2018 06:59 #57

• Isaac
  • Mini Enduro
  • Mini Enduro
Thanks! That seat is so cheap, excited to try it out. Did you have to modify it much to get it to fit?
The bar controls were also from ebay I assume?

armpit's RT2 Resto-Mod Scrambler 10 Oct 2018 07:29 #58

• THEarmpit
  • Novice
  • Novice

Isaac wrote: Thanks! That seat is so cheap, excited to try it out. Did you have to modify it much to get it to fit?
The bar controls were also from ebay I assume?

For the seat I had to drill a small amount of plastic from the seat pan so it would fit around a pin that sticks up on the frame and then I mounted the rear portion of the seat with small bolts through the fender (I drilled holes to accommodate).

Handlebar controls I use are these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077RX7P11
Kind of dinky but it feels like it will last, and at that price I have a spare if it doesn't.

Moderators: DEETDevinDmanEnduronutMakotosunVinnieyamadminJames Hart